You Dirty Sod. Yes, You.

Ok, you're out with your dog. Or dogs. They don't walk themselves after all. You love your dog. Or dogs. "Here Boy!" you say, "Good Girl!", "Heel", "Roll Over", etc, etc. Occasionally you have to wait patiently while the dog or dogs lower their arse/s and start quivering. You don't mind, it's the worst part of having a dog, but it's only natural innit? You get your little bag out, and somehow manipulate the steaming pile of revolting shit into it. It's all you can do to suppress your gag reflex, but you manage it. You even manage to tie the bag, tightly enough to contain the unearthly stench. You've actually preserved it! And off you go on your merry way, as you were, only now gaily twirling a bag of dog shit around your index finger. And you drop it in the next dogshit bin that you encounter on your walk.

Uuh, except you don't. At some point between scooping up the fetid turd, bagging it, and disposing it in one of the provided special bins, you think "Fuck it", and throw it on the floor. Presumably after a quick look round to check nobody's watching you do it. You do it consistently. You know who you are. (I wish I did too). You dirty bastard.

• Like 1
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we're berating dirty people with anti-social behaviours, what about the freaks who piss in the hallways/staircases of the Chester Street car park. Was in there tea-time today and the stink was o

Ok, you're out with your dog. Or dogs. They don't walk themselves after all. You love your dog. Or dogs. "Here Boy!" you say, "Good Girl!", "Heel", "Roll Over", etc, etc. Occasionally you have to wait

I just find it hard to believe that all the necessary legislation/bylaws etc are in place, and yet nothing is ever done about this. I think there should be a fine for just walking a dog without having

I went for a walk up Conrhenny no so long ago, without a dog, and was flbberghasted at the amount of bags of dog do, hanging from the trees and just lying on the paths. It is a real shame that the telecom workers have done such a great job up there, and made such a beautiful picnic area, only to have it strewn with little bags of shit. I think if anyone was seen throwing it they should get at least a £1000 fine. That might make the other people who do it, think about it first.

IMHO there's just too many dogs on the IOM.

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of good owners who've thought carefully about owning one given their circumstances, chosen an appropriate breed, and clean up after it every time - but it's just too easy to own a dog without having anywhere to exercise it, and because of the thousands of urban dogs, many public spaces have been rendered minefields of dog shit by the infamous "minority of irresponsible owners". They're even being taken to shit on the land around the drinking water reservoirs by some of the resident geniuses.

Take a walk along any beach, you'll have the instant company of loads of at-large dogs being taken out for a "walk" (although "shit" would be more accurate) as if dog shit magically disappears on contact with seawater, rather than washing further up the beach (as it does).

Perhaps it's the likelihood of being exposed to toxocara parasites (which supposedly encourage risk-taking behaviour) that's to blame for the mysterious appearance of the mounds of the hounds of the baskervilles, and the plastic tree decorations, despite the apparent "minority of irresponsible owners".

IMHO dog licenses are too cheap, it's too easy to own a dog when a guinea pig might be more appropriate for some of the peeps who own one - and I'm not just saying that because I live next to a shit-filled back lane, across from a lonely beagle that keeps my kid awake howling pitifully for attention late into the night, and because I enjoy using the beaches, or at least the bits of beaches that aren't covered in worm-ridden dog eggs. Licenses should make people think seriously about what they're doing when they get one, rather than being a cheap passport to temporary ownership before it's dumped up at the MSPCA (or on the bank of Sulby Reservoir).

Instead of viewing public spaces as dog lavatories, wouldn't it make sense for dog owners to consider getting together and buying some land for a "dog club" or two where they can take Fido to run loose off the lead in a secure fenced area without biting small children or harassing walkers, and have fido's excrement cleared up by someone who's paid to do it rather than facing the eternal dilemma of whether to pick it up or just walk away and leave it if it looks a bit nasty.

I went for a walk up Conrhenny no so long ago, without a dog, and was flbberghasted at the amount of bags of dog do, hanging from the trees and just lying on the paths. It is a real shame that the telecom workers have done such a great job up there, and made such a beautiful picnic area, only to have it strewn with little bags of shit. I think if anyone was seen throwing it they should get at least a £1000 fine. That might make the other people who do it, think about it first.

It's odd that shit sheathed in a bag seems to be to these people totally acceptable to leave behind compared to shit that is just shit on the floor. Do they think that by leaving a turd in a plastic bag lying around it's somehow easier for someone else other than them to pick it up? Dirty bastards.

Last visit to the island, I went to have a look at the newly done up Villa Marina. It became more of an obstacle course, hopping over the dog dirt, really was everywhere.

You're not wrong, I know someone whose land/garden is crossed by a public footpath which he maintains and mows and he gets the hump when he hits a pile with his rotary mower cos it's "happy birthday everyone!" He says if he witnesses someone failing to clear up he would only be too happy to provide evidence to prosecute the offender and would be prepared to set up cctv to do just that. Things won't change until the relevant legislation is enforced, maybe if our political masters could be persuaded that it would provide a revenue stream (at £500+ a pop).........

Our politicians/police don't seem to be able to do anything about this problem, despite laws in place..

Absolutely fucking amazing.

Edited by Theodolite

Our politicians/police don't seem to be able to do anything about this problem, despite laws in place..

Absolutely fucking amazing.

they can't catch cars with one headlight or brake light or using a mobile phone either so there's no hope

people don't seem to class Marine Drive as a place they need to pick up either despite there being new mini-bins out there :(

(hasten to add that we always pick up and bag anything ours do, and they are always on a lead so can't miss it)

I was up Conrhenny on Saturday walking the dog, the warden has painted all the piles of poo he could find bule and stuck up some notices. My dog decided to go for his No. 2 five minutes into the walk so I had to carry the poo (neatly contained in a Boots Nappy sack) for the rest of the hour long walk until we got back to the car park and the only dog bin in the planation. As the Conrhenny Plantation is meant to be a leisure plantation, could they not provide a few more bins around the perimeter track? The wardens van was in the car park when I got back, so maybe he was on the look out for offenders.

I was up Conrhenny on Saturday walking the dog, the warden has painted all the piles of poo he could find bule and stuck up some notices. My dog decided to go for his No. 2 five minutes into the walk so I had to carry the poo (neatly contained in a Boots Nappy sack) for the rest of the hour long walk until we got back to the car park and the only dog bin in the planation. As the Conrhenny Plantation is meant to be a leisure plantation, could they not provide a few more bins around the perimeter track? The wardens van was in the car park when I got back, so maybe he was on the look out for offenders.

The wardens van was in the car park when I got back, so maybe he was on the look out for offenders.

Could he have been amongst the trees having a poo?

There are far too many dogs over here, mainly used as status symbols as well by 'hard' people who want to show how 'hard' they are with a breed that should be banned, or pampered wives who don't have to work so have all day to take a Range Rover Sport full of Labradors into some nice area to let them shit, and then just leave it for the peasants to clear up for them.

Everyone says it's the owners responsibility, and it is. But when these people care for a species of animal that thinks nothing about squatting down no matter where it is and curling down a huge steamer before scraping the pavement in some token attempt to cover the cable they've just laid, and then licking their backside to clean it before then jumping up and licking a childs face, what hope is there?

I heard talk of them DNA testing dogs when they are licensed, and then being able to DNA test the renegade stools to find the owner. Of course, this would be too expensive, apparently. I don't see why if you fine the owners the correct amount of money for each shit they 'forget' to pick up, or accidentally drop when out on a walk.

If properly done, they could employ extra people to go around finding owners of discarded shit and fining them. they'd more than cover their own wages, and even turn a profit most likely, so the councils can start to recover the costs of all the years of cleaning up they've had to do beforehand.

Sadly, these forums serve no purpose whatsoever apart from to allow people to vent a bit of steam and annoy some dog owners, as I'm hopefully doing, so I'll leave it there as life is too short to waste. Be nice if something was actually done though.