You Dirty Sod. Yes, You.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we're berating dirty people with anti-social behaviours, what about the freaks who piss in the hallways/staircases of the Chester Street car park. Was in there tea-time today and the stink was o

Ok, you're out with your dog. Or dogs. They don't walk themselves after all. You love your dog. Or dogs. "Here Boy!" you say, "Good Girl!", "Heel", "Roll Over", etc, etc. Occasionally you have to wait

I just find it hard to believe that all the necessary legislation/bylaws etc are in place, and yet nothing is ever done about this. I think there should be a fine for just walking a dog without having

If a dog (or whatever) took a shite off the beaten track in a forest, I see no harm done. It's the process of bagging it up and hanging it from a tree 'Blair Witch' stylee that I assume people find offensive.

As for leaving steaming, slippery dog turds on pavements, this sub-human practice is rather ghastly. I would hate to pick up dog shit and go for two walks a day , so I don't have a dog. I feel that if you Do decide to have a dog, you must welcome these chores with open arms.

I just find it hard to believe that all the necessary legislation/bylaws etc are in place, and yet nothing is ever done about this. I think there should be a fine for just walking a dog without having a pack of nappybags in your pocket. Anybody who is out walking a dog without them is obviously going equipped to foul the place. I was out riding the other day and got dog muck on my front tyre, and had to endure the smell for the 6 mile ride home, as scraping it with stones/leaves etc was no use. I've so often had to clean it out of my childs shoes. I've even seen steaming dog eggs at the bus station in Douglas, pedestrian crossings, school gates etc. The walk round Gansey to PSM and the underpass is unreal. I think in highly visible areas, most owners will clear up, but in anywhere slighly out of sight most don't care and think the countryside is one big dog toilet.

• Like 1

While we're berating dirty people with anti-social behaviours, what about the freaks who piss in the hallways/staircases of the Chester Street car park. Was in there tea-time today and the stink was overpowering. Oh yeah, and WTF is with people who think that spitting is ok? Totally gross.

Edited by Gilly G. Ossenfeffer
  • Like 2

I have a one year old daughter who loves to try to walk ago with us, but as she is unsteady on her feet and the proms and beaches are littered with dog poo it doesn't make for a enjoyable family day out

really does upset me

my wife is also forced out on to road with the pushchair because some dirty ba**ard has left poo in the middle of the pavement

If you cannot produce a poo bag when you are out with a dog you shoud be fined on the spot i do think a clamp down on dog owners who do not clean up after there animal would be a good thing

name a shame them in the paper and a few large fines would soon get dog owners in the mood to clean up after them selves

Edited by krafty

I was out riding the other day and got dog muck on my front tyre, and had to endure the smell for the 6 mile ride home, as scraping it with stones/leaves etc was no use.

Sure a bit hadn't flicked up from the tyre and stuck under your nostril? Could explain it.

Douglas Corporation have a very expensive CCTV system too. Mind you, it's fucken uselss and a waste of money. Either that or the corporation/police are very selective when to decide that the pictures are too murky to recognise people or when to lose the tapes.

This is where fixed penalty notices can have more effect. At the moment you have to take a person to court, which is expensive, but for a warden or a PC to be able to do an on the stop fine would be much better (and not just for dog fouling).

The idea to fine people who dont have a poo sack in their pocket is interesting. All my various coats and jacket pockets seem to be stuffed with them and I also keep a supply in the car, but what if I was down to my last one, used it when my dog had a poo and was then stopped and fined for not having a bag on me?

In the UK, not sure about the Isle of Man, vehicles can be seized and destroyed if they aren't taxed. Perhaps if the penalty for failing to properly deal with dog shit was a fine and for your dog to be destroyed, a few more people might make the effort.

Personally, I'd opt for the owners being destroyed.

The idea to fine people who dont have a poo sack in their pocket is interesting. All my various coats and jacket pockets seem to be stuffed with them and I also keep a supply in the car, but what if I was down to my last one, used it when my dog had a poo and was then stopped and fined for not having a bag on me?

But the point of this thread, that is, my point, is not one of failing to bag the putrid pile of mephitic mutt manure. But rather, having gone to the trouble of so doing, lending an appearance of civilised responsibility to those who may be onlooking, not going the extra step and binning the bag in an appropriate receptacle. And discarding it hither and thither, presumably at the earliest possible opportunity once noted possible onlookers have put suitable distance between them and baleful bag. It's actually worse than simply allowing the high hound to dump on the pavement and walk on. At least the elements have a chance of dealing with it that way.

• Like 1