You Dirty Sod. Yes, You.

No, it's not the dogs dear, it's the problem about owners who collect their dog dirt up in bags and then discard it in an inappropriate manner. In the case on the tv show someone had been throwing the poop-in-a-bag into trees, very strange practice, I'm sure you'll agree.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we're berating dirty people with anti-social behaviours, what about the freaks who piss in the hallways/staircases of the Chester Street car park. Was in there tea-time today and the stink was o

Ok, you're out with your dog. Or dogs. They don't walk themselves after all. You love your dog. Or dogs. "Here Boy!" you say, "Good Girl!", "Heel", "Roll Over", etc, etc. Occasionally you have to wait

I just find it hard to believe that all the necessary legislation/bylaws etc are in place, and yet nothing is ever done about this. I think there should be a fine for just walking a dog without having

I saw the poo in trees thing - I'm still trying to fathom a reason for it. I can understand picking it up and leaving it off to the side to collect on the way back (provided that you do collect), I can understand leaving it next to a full bin which hasn't been emptied for - what can only be presumed ever (point of Ayre springs to mind), I can even understand leaving it on top of a bin which states that you're not allowed to put poo in it (such as Ramsey Hairpin - quite why I don't know) - but lobbing it into the trees. . . nope still can't see a reason.

That said also to the point of the topic - if you've bagged it then there is no reason not to bin it. By all means leave it by the gate to collect and bin on the way back just make sure you come back, if in doubt carry it round until you see a bin. Maybe common sense has finally failed.

There was a whole show devoted to dog pooh in trees, seems it is not an uncommon problem.

I am extremely surprised by this - personally, I have never seen (or heard of before) dogs poohing up trees.

Springer spaniels are renowned for it.

Plain and simple, it comes down to a minority of dog owners being lazy turd deserters.

The Island is not "smeared" in dog shit, there is not dog shit "everywhere". Emotive and exagerated language doesnt help the matter.

If every dog owner on the island allowed their dog(s) to foul on the pavement, then maybe it would be "everywhere", but that is not the case.

Simple, raise the fine to £2000 and your face in the weekly waste of paper (Courier and Independant), and some enforcement officers who can actually catch the LTDs (lazy turd deserters).

How many people do you think have been fined under the current system? Probably none, and that is why it is allowed to continue.

If people know there are dog poo "hot spots", do something about it.

just like China, turn them into something served with rice or noodles.

You sound like a proper Manxie, the sort who considers England (yuck) to be 'abroad', and places like China to be from a different universe. I've been all over China and the food there is considerably better than it is here, and a fraction of the price. Go explore the world, shake your sheltered upbringing prejudices, and you might find you start enjoying life a bit more.

The Island is not "smeared" in dog shit, there is not dog shit "everywhere". Emotive and exagerated language doesnt help the matter.

If every dog owner on the island allowed their dog(s) to foul on the pavement, then maybe it would be "everywhere", but that is not the case.

Next time I go for a walk, I'll take a photo of every dog shit I come across, post the results to an online Gallery of Shite, and share the link here for MF-ers to cast an eye over. The route I have in mind runs to around six or seven miles so nothing epic.

The track/road through Poyll Dooey alone could be a good contender for the most shit-smeared road in Europe.

Next time I go for a walk, I'll take a photo of every dog shit I come across, post the results to an online Gallery of Shite, and share the link here for MF-ers to cast an eye over. The route I have in mind runs to around six or seven miles so nothing epic.

The track/road through Poyll Dooey alone could be a good contender for the most shit-smeared road in Europe.

As you wish

Well I have to keep a constant lookout to avoid treading in the bloody stuff

If you are walking then you should be looking where you are going anyway and so should have no problem treading in dog mess. If you want to live inside your head it would be better to just sit in a chair to do so.

• Like 1