Tesco Car Park Clamp Down

EvilMonkey

Hours of fun can be had at Marks & Sparks on a Saturday morning watching MILF in their X5's and the like doing loops of the multi-storey trying to find a £1 parking spot ... Each lap they do, the madder & more purple they become, until you see poor Britney, Mercedes & Chelsea in the back crying their little DSi's off ...

If you have the time to look at all the cars that go round and round the park because they refuse to walk more than 2 feet to go shopping, do they not understand the amount of fuel that journey has cost them.

• Like 1

A few years ago Tesco put ANPR cameras on the entrances and exits to their car Park here and said they would fine people staying over an alloted time.They removed them after a few weeks. I may be wrong but didn't the IOM Dept of Transport refuse to give out vehicle regisration names and addresses on request? (owing to Data base confidentiality).

Also a parking charge on Private property is not a fine it is only an invoice, hoping you will pay up. Not enforcable in UK but I am not sure of Manx law. Also I am unsure of Manx laws ref:- Wheel clamping. Anyone know?

When I went shopping at Tesco this morning I was stopped by Tesco security asking me o I was shopping at the store this morning and that the car park has a 3hr limit for parking. Just wanted to say that its wonderful that Tesco are sorting this out at last as it's ridiculous the amount of people who park at Tesco all day and go to work!!

If its been happening for 10 years and nothing has changed, why would it change now?,nobody stops able bodied people from parking in disabled bays or people without kids into the parent + toddler spaces, which next time your in tesco you can witness. Barriers would be the answer, at least it might turn irate drivers who can't find a space into less irate shoppers!

• Like 1

didn't the IOM Dept of Transport refuse to give out vehicle regisration names and addresses on request? (owing to Data base confidentiality).
That sounds about right. A person who controls computer data can only hold and process that data for its intended and lawful purpose. I can't see anything on the various registration forms which show that a lawful purpose is passing it to Tescos (or any other supermarket, business or private indiividual). Clamp em I say. Doesn't matter what Manx law says if the clamp is in place! I never shop or park there so I'd be quite happy whatever they do. The Bees summed things up nicely (as is often the case), with the whine whine mew mew comment. Edited by piebaps

The answer is barriers as someone suggested upthread. If you make it clear at the entrance that you are entering into a contract whereby they will give you three hours' free parking and you will pay beyond that, and that they will not let your car out unless you do pay, then you only have yourself to blame if you can't get back out.

hissingsid has obviously never tried to do a weeks worth of shopping whilst trying to control kids in a store full of gossiping coffin dodgers !

Which invites this question: why oh why oh why do you have to take the whole tribe into the shops? Can't father / granny / the dog look after them at home? Can't you leave them with one of their fathers while you visit the shops?

• Like 1

hissingsid has obviously never tried to do a weeks worth of shopping whilst trying to control kids in a store full of gossiping coffin dodgers !

Which invites this question: why oh why oh why do you have to take the whole tribe into the shops? Can't father / granny / the dog look after them at home? Can't you leave them with one of their fathers while you visit the shops?

Because often they want to come. I'm not convinced you've got mbx's gender right