Tesco Car Park Clamp Down

EvilMonkey

Parva leves capiunt animas.

minima maxima sunt

Tantum utor twats latina. Non est magnum, et non est argutum.

Can someone translate for the non Manx speakers please?

Literally : "Only to use twats latina. Not is large , and not is acute."

Meaning "Only twats use latin. Its not big and its not clever"

If they want to try and enforce parking restrictions, they need to set aside a section of the car park for staff (preferably either at the far end, or by the roundabout). Currently, it seems to me that half of the spaces closest to the store are taken up by long term parking of staff members.

Disabled spaces are constantly being used by people who seem able to sprint from the car to the store and back.

Mother and baby spaces are used by people who either do not have children, leave children in the car, or whose children are more than capable of walking from anywhere in the car park.

I was in on Tuesday, when they had a similar purge on car park entrants, and was amazed to find a lot of vacant spaces. Wayhay! Are there really that many office staff taking the weewee and parking there all day? Definitely seems time for barriers, and tickets that are refunded in store for up to, say, 2 hours parking (max).

The 3 hour limit was I think set when there was a cafe in store.

When I went shopping at Tesco this morning I was stopped by Tesco security asking me o I was shopping at the store this morning and that the car park has a 3hr limit for parking. Just wanted to say that its wonderful that Tesco are sorting this out at last as it's ridiculous the amount of people who park at Tesco all day and go to work!!

If its been happening for 10 years and nothing has changed, why would it change now?,nobody stops able bodied people from parking in disabled bays or people without kids into the parent + toddler spaces, which next time your in tesco you can witness. Barriers would be the answer, at least it might turn irate drivers who can't find a space into less irate shoppers!

I once confronted an Aston Martin driver who was on his own and parked in a family parking space at B&Q only for him to get aggressive, I pointed out to him that the parking space was for families and that his selfish attitude was not on, he then asked me if I was the parking police, which I replied no but I do have a family and these spaces are for families just like disabled parking spaces are fo0r the disabled and would he park in one of those at which point he told me to fuck off and became even more aggressive, at this point I retaliated and we were toe to toe when my good wife intervened.

Needless to say there seems to be little or no point in confronting selfish people as they'll either carry on regardless or end up wanting a fight or similar.

Parva leves capiunt animas.

minima maxima sunt

Tantum utor twats latina. Non est magnum, et non est argutum.

Can someone translate for the non Manx speakers please?

Literally : "Only to use twats latina. Not is large , and not is acute."

Meaning "Only twats use latin. Its not big and its not clever"

Do you think Censorship is aware of the irony?

Unfortunately clamping on the Island is not legal whether on private property or on the public highway. If you see a sign that says your vehicle will be clamped you can happily ignore it and if someone doesn't know the law and does clamp your vehicle, you can insist that it is removed at no cost.

Tesco's solution would be to put barriers in as suggested, and those who say spend £20.00 on their shopping get out free, others have to pay.

I once confronted an Aston Martin driver who was on his own and parked in a family parking space at B&Q only for him to get aggressive, I pointed out to him that the parking space was for families and that his selfish attitude was not on, he then asked me if I was the parking police, which I replied no but I do have a family and these spaces are for families just like disabled parking spaces are fo0r the disabled and would he park in one of those at which point he told me to fuck off and became even more aggressive, at this point I retaliated and we were toe to toe when my good wife intervened.

Needless to say there seems to be little or no point in confronting selfish people as they'll either carry on regardless or end up wanting a fight or similar.

I'm guessing being selfish is how he got that Aston. Too many don't-do-this-don't-park-there-will-somebody-think-of-the-children micro-regulated bollocks rules these days. A parking space is a parking space, just park where there's space, end of. Christ, this "but you can't do.." and "you must do..." crap here is really going on my nuts these days.

Everything has to be feckin regulated as people would otherwise obviously be too feckin stupid to get through the day - no wonder it's all going to the dogs if parking spaces are already exceeding the limits of our urban survival skills these days.

Go to South Korea - they simply put a little mascot or window sign in their cars with their phone number on it - if someone parks you in, which is normal there, you ring the number and the guy will pop out from the office or shop and all is fine - no drama, just practical thinking.

Or go to Manila, where the Aston guy wouldn't even have talked to you - he would have decked you on the first sign of getting close to him and not looking too friendly. No-one there gives a shit about how you park, or how you drive for that matter.

Economy's going to shit, government is useless, cost of living sky high and quality of life on the decline - yet we still have time to moan about feckin parking spaces at a stupid supermarket. All is fine obviously.

Ah, I'm so happy to be back - just don't park in my space.

if someone doesn't know the law and does clamp your vehicle, you can insist that it is removed at no cost

Nice one - after you've found them obviously. Clamp em up I say. Cause enough inconvenience and they'll stop doing it!

Out of interest, what is the statutory instrument under which clamping is not legal?

Aarrghh! How dare people park in Tesco and leave their cars. The absolute bloody minded cheek of it. I love Tesco and simply can't stomach that kind of thing. I say bring back corporal punishment for anyone caught or kick them in the balls if they are a man.

Why do they they have parent and child parking spaces?

If you've got kids does it stop you from being able to walk, is it to prove to the rest of the world that you managed to get laid and produce offspring.

Why the hell you'd want to drag your kids round tesco is anyones guess, just to piss off all the other shoppers as your expected to give way to the little brats.

Don't tell me its to far for kids to walk to the shop as most of them just run wild and those who don't are just too fat.

Maybe we should have spaces for OAP's extra big so they don't hit your car.

As for the office workers who park at tesco's they deserve all they get

• Like 1

"Out of interest, what is the statutory instrument under which clamping is not legal?"

Quote function is ballsing up my computer, but I suspect it is essentially TWOCing if they do it, or arguably even theft (you don't have to take stuff away for it to be theft, just treat it as though it were your own)

Why do they they have parent and child parking spaces? If you've got kids does it stop you from being able to walk, is it to prove to the rest of the world that you managed to get laid and produce offspring. Why the hell you'd want to drag your kids round tesco is anyones guess, just to piss off all the other shoppers as your expected to give way to the little brats. Don't tell me its to far for kids to walk to the shop as most of them just run wild and those who don't are just too fat. Maybe we should have spaces for OAP's extra big so they don't hit your car. As for the office workers who park at tesco's they deserve all they get

I agree beyond a certain age, but if you have a very young child that you need to carry to the supermarket (before depositing them in the trolley seat) it's nice for that trip to be as short as possible, and to be able to open your doors that bit wider to get them out. I agree not essential, but I'm not sure why parking in those spots when you don't have kids is so essential either

I believe the parent and child spaces are not to make it a shorter walk to the store.

If you look at one of the spaces you'll see that they're slightly wider to enable you to have your car door open fully thus facilitating easier extraction of your child from their car seat.

FWIW, I would have happily confronted the Aston Martin driver.

Since I've become a father I appreciate helpful things like these designated spaces and am fecked off when I see people using them without sprogs in tow. !!!!!

• Like 1