Pendulum At The Courthouse?

Guest stewie_iom

Guest stewie_iom

Right then, Courthouse Judge here, I have managed to get the option to book the mighty Pendulum for the Club at my humble gaff for the last Friday in January, as they are chuffing huge at the mo' they are seriously expensive, it would have to be £25 a ticket and I would still lose on that so I don't want to hear any whining about the ticket price. so who would come as I don't want to shell out loads if the club is not going to feckin' rammed. give me feedback babies and I may get them booked! Judge out, Peace!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it as bad as that? I've never been. It's always looked to me to be the sort of place frequented by uncool drinkers adhering to a bizarre neurotic footwear door policy. But they seem to advertise gi

does this sort of stuff tick the boxes for you? http://soundcloud.com/drewstar/october2011-1/s-9XdkB i have been DJing DnB for many years and have had the pleasure of appearing on the DJ list with nig

Ha ha, rofl, what a wit! But she's a big fat retired ne'er do well. Probably.

here here well said, if you want to turn the c'house into a mosh pit then book pendulum and even then they wont go. huge?? maybe back in some years ago, what exactly are you trying to achieve? if you want to pack the place then just get a consistently good DJ and not that bald wanker who you always have in there. crap awful music from what should be the opposite.

tell andy its awful and to get someone in who actually listens to todays diverse music culture

i forgot to add, pendulum are a bunch of sell out shitters with crap music and stopped producing anything remotely drum n bass in 2006, still anythings better than what you usually have on.

Edited by pitch

If I do say so myself, I am a drum and bass aficionado (amongst many other genres of course.. ; )) ). But I can't be arsed with Pendulum. It's drum and bass for people who don't really like drum and bass very much. I find them to be purveyors of limp pop music.

what do you reckon the scope is for doing something drum n bass on the island? even if its only annually.

I saw Pendulum live at Sonisphere Knebworth and they were amazing.

It's drum and bass for people who don't really like drum and bass very much

Hard to argue with that statement. Nonetheless I would love to see them again, especially on-island. The fact that the last Friday in January is my birthday being irrelevant...

The Court House does my head in, they create fake queues to make people think it's popular and busy, the drinks are pricey & there is always an unnecessarily large police presence there - a fun night out....NOT. You'd be better off hiring out the Peel Centenary place like 'Static' did when he brought Daevid Allen over. I keep having 'ideas' about getting bands we (me and my friend) like over but there is no point, the Isle of Man is backwards & so are most of the crowd you'd get going to Pendulum, would you really want a band you love to face this place?

Oooooh Bestival, awe.\

Edit because I got Chase and Status mixed up with Pendulum.......

Edited by thebees

I grew up with D&B - easily my favorite music. Not the charty Danny Byrd numbers played on Radio 1 but the high pressure spanners in a washing machine / industrial hoover vibe you would hear in the Brixton Academy.

I see Pendulum as more of a live festival act these days with loads of instruments, huge visuals and a massive open air sound system. They are more at home rocking the Radio 1 stage at Glasto or a beach festival in Italy than downstairs at the Court House. No disrespect intended. Thinking about it, would they all even fit in the dj booth at the Court House?

If you wanted to book a D&B act, you might consider Sub Focus, Bailey, Craze, Krust etc. I think it would go down a storm & believe that there is a definitely market for D&B on the IoM - there was one tent playing D&B and dubstep at Mannifest which was constantly packed. I know the people who run it if you need any warm up dj's...

The Court House does my head in, they create fake queues to make people think it's popular and busy, the drinks are pricey & there is always an unnecessarily large police presence there - a fun night out....NOT.

Is it as bad as that? I've never been. It's always looked to me to be the sort of place frequented by uncool drinkers adhering to a bizarre neurotic footwear door policy. But they seem to advertise gigs by people I've actually heard of from when I used to do a lot of that sort of thing a long time ago and that...... ; ))

• Like 1

I personaly think its a great idea, might be a bit hot and sweaty in there, but thats what makes it. £25 is a bargin. Seen them at leeds a few years ago and they were brillaint. Go for it, it WILL sell out.

Edited by marvin

I have no doubt it would sell out, but the reason i would consider other acts in preference is this:

There ain't much point in paying £15k + for a super high-profile 6 piece live music act and breaking even financially when there are djs who would cost £2k and sell the place out. IMO, the smaller acts will play better music anyway, much bettyer suited for a more intimate club. Point in hand - Beardy Man.

Dont forget what happened at the Bay Festival........