Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Amadeus

The Winter Bad Weather Thread

Not daft at all. In flight the aircraft is not exposed to crosswinds. The relative wind is always fore and aft.

Crosswinds in relation to limitations are only encountered on the ground.

MMP

Not daft at all. In flight the aircraft is not exposed to crosswinds. The relative wind is always fore and aft.

Crosswinds in relation to limitations are only encountered on the ground.

MMP

Will you please learn not to post facts.....please post irrational hyperbole, its all we understand!

• Like 1

Marks and Spencers are apparently prepared to use an airlift next week should the need arise so the airlift post is very relevant.

Seacat's just left too!! sorcerer.gif

And has now overtaken the Ben and is heading into Heysham while the Ben is unable to enter the harbour due to high winds.

And has now overtaken the Ben and is heading into Heysham while the Ben is unable to enter the harbour due to high winds.

You couldn't make it up couldya....probably find she cant get in to dry dock for the same reason!

You couldn't make it up couldya....probably find she cant get in to dry dock for the same reason!

It gets better ...

Captain says that he was about to make another attempt but the Mannanan beat him to it and has now stolen the berth for the next hour ... which hopefully will give them enough time at Heysham to repair the tug which has developed a technical fault ... thats the one needed for the Ben to dock due to bow thruster problem.

Seriously ... you couldn't make this up.

• Like 1

Seacat's just left too!! sorcerer.gif

or there being only one linkspan free they let manannan do the pax turn-round and BMC waits to do the freight after the pax have all been seen to (or they would all be whingeing even more !)

Lancaster wind only showing 17mph

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Have to say if that was my company I'd be embarrassed by what's happened

why ?, are you not affected by force 10 storms ?

are the MEA embarrassed at using cheap overhead lines and have trees fall on them rather than use underground cables which are not affected by the weather ?

I think it's disgraceful :lol:

Have to say if that was my company I'd be embarrassed by what's happened

why ?, are you not affected by force 10 storms ?

are the MEA embarrassed at using cheap overhead lines and have trees fall on them rather than use underground cables which are not affected by the weather ?

I think it's disgraceful laugh.png

No I think he means that the bow thruster should have been fixed long before the situation got to this stage and he is absolutely right. Had it been fixed I and hundreds of others would not have had to spend 6 hours (and counting) on the BMC today.

The staff on board have been great and the company has been giving away free food and drinks but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. The situation today is not due to the weather but to a faulty boat that any competent company should have fixed months ago or if it couldn't be fixed should have made sure in plenty of time that another vessel was available.

• Like 1

^ What he said

Can't say anything against the wind but the Bow Thruster I'm of the belief they left it as long as possible - I may be wrong on this point but I've read enough BS coming from the SP when travelling with them to trust what they say as far as I could throw the Ben.

The Bow Thruster can even be replaced in the harbour and wouldn't result in being out of commission for 4 days, all be it at an extra cost...

Edited by Jam_Sandwich