Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
mikeldn

Where's The Ben-My-Chree Topic?

I can see castaways posting career being short lived if they start reposting threads that have been removed.

I think we should be more positive about the Steam Packet sometimes. Can we have some positive comments for a change?

I'll start.

Er....err...err....err...err....err...err....err...err....err...err....err...err - ooh that Polish bird on the sandwich counter (or maybe Czech, Ukranian, Bugarian - I'm not sure) - anyway she's got lovely knockers.

Just looked on the Steam packet website, it says the Manannan is only going to take 2 hours to do one crossing?, thats quicker than its ever gone, even on a day when its like a mill pond!

Edited by Nitro

Apparently the steam packet will be fixed for christmas!

Which year?

Apparently the steam packet will be fixed for christmas!

Which year?

My nephew's after a cowboy outfit for christmas, perhaps I'll buy him some shares
  • Like 2

Last time I went on the Mannan to Heysham it was scheduled at 2 hours, would have done it in 1 hour 50, but they forgot to move a ship tied up on one of the linkspans in Heysham in time and so we circled in Morecambe bay for an hour and arrival time was delayed by 50 minutes. Its a scheduled time

I see that the Ben sailing this morning is delayed, "to see if weather improves" and that the first Mannanan trip is this afternoon, we shall have to see if it goes. If they both sail that is three Heysham round trips today, presumably to catch up

Any freighter announcement yet?

On Manx.net earlier . . . Great timing !!

Steam-Packet.com To Move To New Hosting Platform

14 December 2011 By Isle of Man Steam Packet Company

The Isle of Man Steam Packet Company website booking system will be unavailable for use from 8pm on Wednesday 14th December until 10am Thursday 15th to allow for the site to move to a more advanced hosting platform.

The current platform is becoming out-of-date and the launch of the new website earlier this year means that additional technological resources are needed to maximize the benefits of the new software and systems. The benefits of STEAM-PACKET.COM moving to the new platform include, ease of scalability for future growth, increased browsing speed, improvement in connection between front and backend systems resulting in fewer timeouts during the booking process and a more robust system to enable software crashes to be resolved more readily.

The Steam Packet Company would like to thank website users for their patience while this improvement work is carried out.

but they forgot to move a ship tied up on one of the linkspans in Heysham in time and so we circled in Morecambe bay for an hour and arrival time was delayed by 50 minutes.

Any idea if the Ben docked today. Its just that AIS is showing that it is circling the bay.

but they forgot to move a ship tied up on one of the linkspans in Heysham in time and so we circled in Morecambe bay for an hour and arrival time was delayed by 50 minutes.

Any idea if the Ben docked today. Its just that AIS is showing that it is circling the bay.

No still here ... hopefully we are only waiting for the Mannanan to leave and release the berth.