Cameron's Veto

!

To my mind, I wonder if Germany was biding it's time, watching the Mediterranean countries and smaller weaker states join in, waiting for the inevitable crash as countries took out more than they could afford to pay in? Meanwhile they continued to build their own economy to the point that come the day of reckoning, they can step in and demand powers over Europe in return for bailing out the squandering nations?

is this humour ?

Could it be expansionism by stealth?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The more disturbing of recent events is the way in which democratic government has been removed from Italy and Greece and will, under the Merkozy plan, be largely removed from the rest of Europe as Ge

A self-delusional analogy by Terry Smith IMO. But what else from the Torygraph?   The problem is, the UK is now so heavily reliant on the trade that it does with the EU, that a more appropriate anal

Germany only got all that money because all those other countries borrowed money to live the high life and gave a lot of it to Germany to buy German products.   If Germany doesn't bail them out, the

!

To my mind, I wonder if Germany was biding it's time, watching the Mediterranean countries and smaller weaker states join in, waiting for the inevitable crash as countries took out more than they could afford to pay in? Meanwhile they continued to build their own economy to the point that come the day of reckoning, they can step in and demand powers over Europe in return for bailing out the squandering nations?

is this humour ?

Why pongo. does it sound implausible? It certainly sounds like a lot of European legislation will indirectly be coming out of Berlin!

!

is this humour ?

Why pongo. does it sound implausible? It certainly sounds like a lot of European legislation will indirectly be coming out of Berlin!

it's a bonkers and silly scenario which you seem to be suggesting which was why I was asking if it was humour: as if you imagined that a nefarious secret inner Germany was working over decades towards some rather pointless master plan. I could not believe that it was supposed to be a serious or intelligent suggestion and yet it did not seem funny like humour.

!

is this humour ?

Ah that's why Amadeus has gone back to the homeland. His cover story is blown and he's preparing for invasion.

!

is this humour ?

it's a bonkers and silly scenario which you seem to be suggesting which was why I was asking if it was humour: as if you imagined that a nefarious secret inner Germany was working over decades towards some rather pointless master plan. I could not believe that it was supposed to be a serious or intelligent suggestion and yet it did not seem funny like humour.

It was meant as a serious suggestion, not too sure if it is an intelligent one but I believe that this is a possibility!

Germany only got all that money because all those other countries borrowed money to live the high life and gave a lot of it to Germany to buy German products.

If Germany doesn't bail them out, the German economy will not expand until they all recover. Which could be 10 years or more.

I know what I'd do if I was Angela Merkyl. I'd go on a diet and wear a bag over me head.

• Like 1

Cameron's negotiating tactics seem mental. Beforehand he made some rediculous promises about trying to repatriot powers to the nutter wing of his party.

He seems to have made no effort to gauge support for his demands amongst European leaders before the meeting or to do deals beforehand.

He then went into the meeting desperate for a piss (concentrates the mind apparently). Then sits for hours in silence while all the others make plans. Then when it's pretty much all decided he tables his demands, which are rejected, he then dashes out to exercise his veto in the little boy's room.

But he's repatriated no powers.

He's vetoed nothing - the others will carry on without him.

He could try to stop the 26 using the European institutions' facilities to implement their agreement - but that's just churlishly impeding the Euro rescue.

So Britain's interests won't be defended (or even articulated) going forward in the Euro deal and he'll be marginalised in other discussions also.

Germany only got all that money because all those other countries borrowed money to live the high life and gave a lot of it to Germany to buy German products.

If Germany doesn't bail them out, the German economy will not expand until they all recover. Which could be 10 years or more.

I know what I'd do if I was Angela Merkyl. I'd go on a diet and wear a bag over me head.

Or invade Poland