• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can give you my background on this, if you like. In recent years, as I have aged, I find myself becoming increasingly angered by the attitude and behaviour of our elected representatives at nationa

Hold on a second. Fair enough, Home Affairs Minister goes to alcohol strategy discussion, and maybe the fact two ministerial colleagues are attending too is okay (even if their departments aren't dire

Still think you are missing the point. If a minister is found to be lacking in area specifically related to their portfolio then he should go. If the agriculture minister was a farmer who wasn't foll

Posted Images

No need. Just hold a secret court, where no one gets to know what went on. Sorted.

Happens all the time.

No it doesn't.

if its secret how would you know, are you saying you have inside knowledge of what does go on

No need. Just hold a secret court, where no one gets to know what went on. Sorted.

Happens all the time.

No it doesn't.

if its secret how would you know, are you saying you have inside knowledge of what does go on

I hardly think there is some kind of super injunction here. Even if it was possible on the IoM!!

I dont think St Juan is disputing what happened on that evening. After the papers got hold of the story he was then forced to provide a public apology.

OK, so we still dont know (if anything), what happened to the CCTV images and I doubt we ever will... but quite frankly who cares??? (me)

Happens all the time.

No it doesn't.

I hardly think there is some kind of super injunction here. Even if it was possible on the IoM!!

I dont think St Juan is disputing what happened on that evening. After the papers got hold of the story he was then forced to provide a public apology.

OK, so we still dont know (if anything), what happened to the CCTV images and I doubt we ever will... but quite frankly who cares??? (me)

why?

Is this the longest thread ever?

Even among currently active threads, with 209 pages, 3,128 replies and nearly a quarter million views, I think you'll find that Douglas East is quite a bit bigger.

And possibly even more important.

Interesting that each of the above threads include a standing politician, along with a wannaby politician...

Perhaps as an Island nation we are interested in politics.

Even among currently active threads, with 209 pages, 3,128 replies and nearly a quarter million views, I think you'll find that Douglas East is quite a bit bigger.

Interesting that each of the above threads include a standing politician, along with a wannaby politician...

Perhaps as an Island nation we are interested in politics.

Why?

I agree that the Douglas East topic carries more importance than a topic about a third rate politician who can't handle his booze, and whose credibility has been shot to pieces by his arrogance.

• Like 1

I agree that the Douglas East topic carries more importance than a topic about a third rate politician who can't handle his booze, and whose credibility has been shot to pieces by his arrogance.

While the Douglas East topic deals with the process, and actually demonstrates the systems are robust enough to detect alleged misdeeds during elections, this thread deals with a public official responsible for law and order, as well as drug and alcohol strategy, who has publically displayed his inability to follow his own policy.

Of course Juan Watterson was mentioned in court as having been helped by Buster in a campaign and we wonder to what extent if any.

And I do wonder how much of this Buster Lewin style of extreme granny farming has gone on.

It makes the politician in the shop or postie about his rounds or whatever going about the place smiling at all the lil' ol' ladies all very innocuous. But perhaps those words belong in a different thread.

Of course Juan Watterson was mentioned in court as having been helped by Buster in a campaign and we wonder to what extent if any.

Yes, he and another minister, and yet nothing has been said about this since...good old Manx media
  • ans locked this topic