extreme granny farming

Uugh.... That conjures up some dodgy images.... ; ))

If it gets you £1000 a week and a gold-plated pension for doing fuck all, just grimace and bear it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can give you my background on this, if you like. In recent years, as I have aged, I find myself becoming increasingly angered by the attitude and behaviour of our elected representatives at nationa

Hold on a second. Fair enough, Home Affairs Minister goes to alcohol strategy discussion, and maybe the fact two ministerial colleagues are attending too is okay (even if their departments aren't dire

Still think you are missing the point. If a minister is found to be lacking in area specifically related to their portfolio then he should go. If the agriculture minister was a farmer who wasn't foll

Posted Images

I would prefer it if he stayed on in the role.

I would trust him before the majority of the muppets in Tynwald.

Although what he did was wrong, he is a hard working MHK and has the potential to be a great asset in the coming years.

I thought he would have been removed before Xmas when the obligatory message is intoned to the ordinary, hard working peasants, most of whom can not afford to drink much anyway, by an arrogant politician who think they exist on a higher plane and therefore should lecture the masses on the correct way to enjoy the festive season. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

I thought he would have been removed before Xmas when the obligatory message is intoned to the ordinary, hard working peasants, most of whom can not afford to drink much anyway, by an arrogant politician who think they exist on a higher plane and therefore should lecture the masses on the correct way to enjoy the festive season. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

You honestly didn't think he'd lose his job did you......... seriously? I didn't think so, as only the very naive would be gullible to think that, which incidentally, I told your other half about this, earlier on in the thread.

Is this the longest thread ever?

Asides from Mallet's Mallet?

What is Mallet's Mallet?

Is this the longest thread ever?

Asides from Mallet's Mallet?

What is Mallet's Mallet?

Mallett's Mallet is a word association game, where you musn't pause, hesitate, repeat a word, or say a word I don't like... otherwise you get a bash on the head.

Unfortunately, the same words have been used that many times, people must be well comatosed by now.

Only another 919 views on this thread to go to truly show how sad this thread is. Can't wait... the excitement is building..

Edited by manxy

The very end of his MT TV interview would suggest that he doesnt think that he will be in the current role for much longer:

http://www.manx.net/...table-announced

I wouldn't get your hopes up. All he seems to be suggesting is that Roberts may be longer in his job. Given that the Chief Constable is on a fixed five year term (I think - certainly the last one was) and the next General Election is only 4 years away, I suspect Watterson is just doing the usual 'modest' "if I get re-elected" thing.

I'm afraid you may have another four years of getting agitated about not very much.

• Like 1

He did not do anything illegal - get that into your thick head. Had he tried to drive home, well that would be another matter. Just let go, get over it, or get treatment.

He did not do anything illegal - get that into your thick head. Had he tried to drive home, well that would be another matter. Just let go, get over it, or get treatment.

Just in case you missed it (easily done in such a big thread):

- Other people have been booked for less, so the "not illegal" thing is debatable.

- He - very shamefully for the Isle of Man - is still RESPONSIBLE FOR LAW AND ORDER AS WELL AS THE DRUG AND ALCOHOL STRATEGY. He has brutally and miserably failed at living up to these responsibilities. He has proven that he is not fit to be in this position and only because it's all "Allan and his mates" in Tynpotwald did he get away with it. Utter contempt and disgraceful behaviour by someone clearly unfit to be in public office.

Hey, maybe it's a game of give and take? He keeps his job and nothing happens about another prominent politician's boyfriend running around naked in the north? Seems to be the way Fantasy Island works.

That's not so, you and your fellow obsessives have consistently failed to demonstrate this escapade was criminal or find examples where similar behaviour has resulted in prosecution.

You've been trying for nearly a year now, it's gone beyond vindictive opportunistic capitalisation on a politician's embarrassment now.

• Like 2

That's not so, you and your fellow obsessives have consistently failed to demonstrate this escapade was criminal or find examples where similar behaviour has resulted in prosecution.

You've been trying for nearly a year now, it's gone beyond vindictive opportunistic capitalisation on a politician's embarrassment now.

There have been several examples of prosecutions for being incapable in a public place in the Courier.

As a matter of interest, just what does the expression "incapable" mean in this context? If I can walk in a relatively straight line without hurling random abuse at all and sundry, despite being as full as a Lord, am I capable?

• Like 1
  • ans locked this topic