• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can give you my background on this, if you like. In recent years, as I have aged, I find myself becoming increasingly angered by the attitude and behaviour of our elected representatives at nationa

Hold on a second. Fair enough, Home Affairs Minister goes to alcohol strategy discussion, and maybe the fact two ministerial colleagues are attending too is okay (even if their departments aren't dire

Still think you are missing the point. If a minister is found to be lacking in area specifically related to their portfolio then he should go. If the agriculture minister was a farmer who wasn't foll

Posted Images

I didn't want to reawaken this thread, but since it's back. From twitter yesterday.

@juanwatterson: Ever wake up, kiss the person next to you, smile, and be thankful you're alive? Not recommended. Just got kicked off bus & am walking home:)

• 6 months later...

Has there been some sort of cover up about Spuan Juan to avoid further embarrassment for the wee boy?

I have heard from a number of people that there was a do at the Villa right at the end of May or in early June, put on by a Southern business chap. It was odd, as Cregeen had signed off a permission before he left DCCL allowing said business chap to take his own booze. Very expensive liquor flowed like water.

One potential cover up might be about Tynwald members polling up and enjoying the contents of a marquee on the grass. Departmental work? Constituency work? Gravy (champagne) train? Cregeen, Crookall, Quayle and said wee boy according to the skeet. Many glasses were downed and many legs became unsteady. Did passions run high too?

Was there a punch up late in the evening and were the constables asked to call by? Did Spuan, clearly intoxtipated oshifer, then try to tell the coppers what to do (they should have known who he was after all)? Why haven’t the crusading investigators in our media run such a lovely story?

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been some sort of cover up about Spuan Juan to avoid further embarrassment for the wee boy?

I have heard from a number of people that there was a do at the Villa right at the end of May or in early June, put on by a Southern business chap. It was odd, as Cregeen had signed off a permission before he left DCCL allowing said business chap to take his own booze. Very expensive liquor flowed like water.

One potential cover up might be about Tynwald members polling up and enjoying the contents of a marquee on the grass. Departmental work? Constituency work? Gravy (champagne) train? Cregeen, Crookall, Quayle and said wee boy according to the skeet. Many glasses were downed and many legs became unsteady. Did passions run high too?

Was there a punch up late in the evening and were the constables asked to call by? Did Spuan, clearly intoxtipated oshifer, then try to tell the coppers what to do (they should have known who he was after all)? Why haven’t the crusading investigators in our media run such a lovely story?

Probably a good time to revisit this one.

Probably a good time to revisit this one.

why, are there developments?

I came on here because I could not believe that some pathetic people are still whining about this. Juan got a bit drunk threw up and apologized after, as I am sure is the case with all the drunks in Douglas every weekend, only many of them cause trouble as well. You are a sad person, have you never erred. Let he without sin cast the first stone. Hopefully in your direction. Find something worthwhile to rubbish. How about the Governments Space Tourism, payed for with your money and mine and now apparently worthless. The reason no one has run this story of what was simply an office party piss- up, is because probably most of it isn't true.

I came on here because I could not believe that some pathetic people are still whining about this. Juan got a bit drunk threw up and apologized after, as I am sure is the case with all the drunks in Douglas every weekend, only many of them cause trouble as well. You are a sad person, have you never erred. Let he without sin cast the first stone. Hopefully in your direction. Find something worthwhile to rubbish. How about the Governments Space Tourism, payed for with your money and mine and now apparently worthless. The reason no one has run this story of what was simply an office party piss- up, is because probably most of it isn't true.

Most of those drunks are not the Minister of Department responsable for the police and law & order in the IoM. Most of those drunks will not have made an announcement the same day calling for people to be drink responsible. Many of those drunks will be charged.

Everytime I heard his department or the police making an announcement asking the public to behave responsibly I unfortuntaly think why should the public take notice of such announcements when your boss could not be arsed. It was a minor matter but in my opinion he unfortunatly he has undermined his department. I have not called for him to be charged, resign as an MHK or be barred from being a Minister. I just do not think that he should be Home Affairs Minister.

It may not be wrong to have private health care or education but I would not find it acceptable for the Minister of Education to educate their children privately, or Health Minister to forgoe the NHS and go private. Basically minister should not have double standards and undermine their departments

Most of those drunks are not the Minister of Department responsable for the police and law & order in the IoM. Most of those drunks will not have made an announcement the same day calling for people to be drink responsible. Many of those drunks will be charged.

Everytime I heard his department or the police making an announcement asking the public to behave responsibly I unfortuntaly think why should the public take notice of such announcements when your boss could not be arsed. It was a minor matter but in my opinion he unfortunatly he has undermined his department. I have not called for him to be charged, resign as an MHK or be barred from being a Minister. I just do not think that he should be Home Affairs Minister.

It may not be wrong to have private health care or education but I would not find it acceptable for the Minister of Education to educate their children privately, or Health Minister to forgoe the NHS and go private. Basically minister should not have double standards and undermine their departments

I agree with most of this, but don't you think it's gone on long enough. If we relied on all of the MHKs to be squeaky clean in order to be on COM there would be no COM. The same I am sure would apply in the Private Sector. None of us are perfect and the Chief Minister like him or not, is responsibly for the selection and retention of his ministers, which is another subject.

I don't think any of us expect our politicians to be squeaky clean. When I were a lad an MHK gave someone a good thumping (a Douglas councillor as it happens) for messing about with his wife.

The case went to court and the MHK was done for assault and paid the fine there and then He told a reporter "This will make no difference to my political career. The people of my constituency are right behind me."

They were too. He got in unnopposed at the next general election and topped the poll in the one after that (then topped the poll to get in to the Legislatve Council)

But that particular politician did not broadcast to the nation about their behaviour. That is the point with this JW incident and why it remains in the consciousness of many people and that is something that the hardline supporters of JW do not want to accept, to the point of denial in that they keep repeating it was just a matter of him getting comatose drunk in a public place..........the afternoon Christmas speech to the Nation beng conveniently left out.

Maybe Juan will walk back in for the 2016 General Election.

It's good that our MHKs are human. Although some a little more human than others perhaps.

Edited by Sock Puppet 2014
  • ans locked this topic