Coronavirus topics renamed and some locked. No new topics. ×
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Isn't it a shame that, once elected, you have to lose your sense of mischief/humour ?

Isn't it a shame that, once elected, you have to lose your sense of mischief/humour ?

Maybe everything our 'Home Secretary' says is simply mischief/humour, including his nationwide broadcast to drink sensibly

*sniggers*

At least a quarter of a £million up since then...I don't think he's actually that 'sorry'.

Do you?

Edited by Albert Tatlock

... but you have to balance wanting better candidates with castigating very utterance that they come up with?

Yes that wold do it! Just Comin lauding it over an empty chamber.

Oh, not too dissimilar to what we have at present!!!

It's pretty rich humour when he has stronger candidates for Dismaland in his own constituency

• Like 1

Bloody shandy drinking southerners. One sniff of a pint and they're throwing up on buses.

• Like 4

Be fair, Cretters has done his absolute best - yet despite him we still have a tourist industry

I'm surprised Cretters can turn up in Legco with his trousers on the right way round. How we can continue to allow that man anywhere near any government department is simply incredible. As for Juan, some of the stuff he manages to away with is quite funny and I thought the Twitter comment on Dismaland was simply an attempt at humour. Sadly for him there is an underlying element of truth about his observation.

It'll be interesting to see how he fairs at the next election, and where he stands as there'll only be 2 seats in Rushen. No matter what you think about Ramsey its still head and shoulders above PSM which is for all intents and purpose now a dormitory town and Castletown which is hardly thriving since Callows Yard opened (or didn't), Juan might be better served by looking closer to home rather than commenting on places he probably couldn't get too without a comfort break on the bus. It'll be interesting to see how our Chief Min reacts to his comments.

Castletown isn't in Rushen.

Port St. Mary is really nice and improving with new businesses starting up.

Maybe you mean Port Erin? That is declining rapidly, not to Ramsey's level, obviously.

• Like 1

Ramsey's ace with loads of new businesses joining some great established ones.... Some lovely stuff in the deli, gorgeous Italian Gelato and loads of great shops for buying crafty things, unusual presents and well-made, well-priced clothing and preloved high fashion and dress hire... come and check it out before you mock! No I'm not the owner of any of the businesses in Ramsey, just someone who enjoys walking through the town (maybe with an ice cream) and is genuinely glad to live here!

• Like 5

The Chief Minister has taken Mr Skelly to the Republic of Ireland, to view some magic beans

The Chief Minister has taken Mr Skelly to the Republic of Ireland, to view some magic beans

Pathetic - if you really want to spunk away money on needless official trips you need lessons from Champions League practitioner Rodan...there isn't an island in the sun that he and his lickspittle bag-carrier Roger Phillips haven't visited to (i) improve their democracy (ii) demonstrate bagpipes (iii) sample the local firewater....(iv) buy new tights and wigs etc. etc.....Ireland....pah!

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 2

Ramsey's ace with loads of new businesses joining some great established ones.... Some lovely stuff in the deli, gorgeous Italian Gelato and loads of great shops for buying crafty things, unusual presents and well-made, well-priced clothing and preloved high fashion and dress hire... come and check it out before you mock! No I'm not the owner of any of the businesses in Ramsey, just someone who enjoys walking through the town (maybe with an ice cream) and is genuinely glad to live here!

We get down to Ramsey about every three weeks or so and I have to say Ramsey IS getting better all the time.

It seems to me that lots of new shops are springing up that compliment the existing ones.

One we had not been to before was Shakti Man, a fantastic Aladin's Cave if ever there was one.

They have a vast range of crafts, gifts and clothing, along with many unusual household items too. They even play some good background music too.

A great experience.

Shame we have nothing like it in Douglas.