Juan Says Sorry

gidderwook

Yes, there is something new which involves and MHK and alcohol, and is infinately more serious than this thread.

I'm just waiting to see if it makes the press. If it does, we will be one MHK less. I don't want to go any further as not sure of legal consequences.

This isn't ' a man in the pub told me' either, it's first hand knowledge. If John Wright wants to pm me, I will outline the details and ask his advice as to whether it should be brought into the open.

Who knows?

One MHK less maybe, but if so, then replaced by another one.

What is really wrong with the whole situation is the treatment in law. Why should MHK's be treated any differntly from the rest of us.

There is a big problem with the whole justice (and I use the word Justice loosely) system and corruption on the Island.

Yes most of us have had too much to drink and been sick (yes I admit it, in a public place once - but I was young!)

No it doesn't warrant losing your job unless your job is the head of the department tackling what is deemed to be wrong behaviour punishable by the courts.

• Like 1

33 % of people have motion sickness

Well Watterson must be one of the 33% then. Thank God for that, you have found the cause!

He can now retract his public apology, move on and keep his position as Minister.

Let's hope we get an apology from the bus driver for all the embarrassment caused.

(Manxy, my post has a hint of sarcasm in it)

Edited by spermann
  • Like 1

If Juan was just a plain vanilla flavoured MHK I think he would deserve to have our buckets of rotten tomatoes thrown at him.

But on top of that, the crucial thing is - and it seems the point is being missed by many - he is a Minister.

That puts this incident on a different level altogether. I agree that being drunk and incapable and being sick in public as a result is hardly a hanging offence but even so, the Isle of Man Government has chosen to go with the ministerial system of government. Ministers represent our little country at all times and it isn't just about being able to give that extra bit of swagger and swank when dealing with leaders of other countries. There are strong responsibilities that come with the title too.

• Like 2

Purloined from Alan Bell: Is He Fit To Be Chief Minister?

Started by patsy, Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Well as we are talking about Tony the best Chief Minister in history. He was saying at our table in fusion Castletown that: Juan Watterson would have been asked to resign under his rule.

Purloined from Alan Bell: Is He Fit To Be Chief Minister?

Started by patsy, Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Well as we are talking about Tony the best Chief Minister in history. He was saying at our table in fusion Castletown that: Juan Watterson would have been asked to resign under his rule.

To be fair to Bell, he may still be considering this as an option.

I dont think he should have to resign there are those in Government that have done worse, but I do think he should be moved to a different department. Next Christmas who will make the 'be careful how much you drink speech' it does not matter even if it is not Watterson, and how could he, the whole episode will be resurrected, this is the Isle of Man and the Manx are famous for many things their long memories are one of them. I still think the Bus Company completely disregarded any health and safety issues bringing him back to Douglas and I do think there may be a hidden agenda here, the possibility of humiliating a Minister too good a chance to miss. It is still Juan Wattersons fault for putting himself in this position.

• ans locked this topic