Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

This wont go away, this is the Isle of Man where they remember what your granny did with the milkman 100 years ago, it is only the good things that get forgotten. Juan Watterson as Minister of Home affairs position is untenable, simple as, it is only a matter of time before someone that is fined for being drunk in a public place appeals citing this unsavoury affair as a precedent. A lot of people, whilst not being vindictive and wishing him to be sacked as MHK are extremely uncomfortable with him remaining as Home affairs minister, this has run and run and the legs are still not tired, Bell should just announce he has decided, for the public good to have a mini shuffle and move them all around a bit.

• Like 1

not really just a lot of very sad people over here with boring lifes i would imagine.

Yeah, boring cunts expecting government ministers to behave with a modicum of decency, self-respect and responsibility. Wankers, hoping that the Manx parliamentary culture of doing whatever the fuck MHKs like and getting away with it because they kissed a granny and helped a baby across the road would change. What a bunch of fucking sad twats.

Excellent post.

Personally I now look forward to a future British Irish Council meeting on drug and alcohol abuse where the likes UK Govt like Home Secretary, Theresa May and Scottish & Irish assembly reps can hopefully get a chance to rub shoulders with our very own Minister for Home Affairs, 'young Juan'. I'm sure they'll learn something...

I'm sure the Irish and Scots would be more laid back about it than the witch hunting bastards on here.

This wont go away, this is the Isle of Man where they remember what your granny did with the milkman 100 years ago, it is only the good things that get forgotten. Juan Watterson as Minister of Home affairs position is untenable, simple as, it is only a matter of time before someone that is fined for being drunk in a public place appeals citing this unsavoury affair as a precedent. A lot of people, whilst not being vindictive and wishing him to be sacked as MHK are extremely uncomfortable with him remaining as Home affairs minister, this has run and run and the legs are still not tired, Bell should just announce he has decided, for the public good to have a mini shuffle and move them all around a bit.

Yes - why not swap around Juan and Cretney? Oh, hang on a mo, wasn't there that incident in The Woodie a few years back?!

Swap him with Gawne? Oh sorry, forgot about the Fo Halloo incident!.

I feel very sorry for Juan - if he was a Minister anywhere else but the IOM he'd have some flunky to drive him home and protect him from all the venom being directed at him as a result of a very minor incident. Personally I'd sack the bus driver. He should have contacted the police or an ambulance and let them deal with it, not virtually kidnap him and take him back to Douglas.

• Like 2

This post has had over 30,000 views in around 20 days. (Since 21 Dec 11)

We know there are a few contibutors who are passionate about one side or the other.

The fact is, that there is a hell of a lot of punters out there are concerned about this story.

One wonders if there is a bit more to this tale? - How did he get home? Taxis aren't supposed to take passengers who are 'trollied'.

This post has had over 30,000 views in around 20 days. (Since 21 Dec 11)

We know there are a few contibutors who are passionate about one side or the other.

The fact is, that there is a hell of a lot of punters out there are concerned about this story.

One wonders if there is a bit more to this tale? - How did he get home? Taxis aren't supposed to take passengers who are 'trollied'.

I dont think it is just the punters on Manx Forums. Speak to anyone when you are out and about regarding local politics and this story will raise its head.

• Like 1

Why don't you stop whinging your tits off and do something instead!!!!!!!!!

THE SAME PEOPLE (MAYBE ONE) KEEPS ON BRINGING UP THE SAME STUFF AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND HAVEN'T GOT THE NOTION TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF PISSING ME OFF

If this thread upsets you so much, why don't you just stop reading it? There has been a minor incident involving a government minister which some people feel strongly should either be treated seriously or moved on from as not serious. The grown-ups are having a rational debate about this, and you clearly have nothing to add, so why not just stop reading the thread.

ETA last night, in just under 3 and a half hours, you added 13 posts to this thread, ensuring it was extended by a further two pages. If you look back through the now near-50 page-long thread you will see that while I have contributed more than my fair share (often through repetition) I can't compete with that level of commitment to the cause of ensuring this isn't allowed to be whitewashed over.

And I don't have a personl problem with Watterson. Someone mentioned Cretney's indiscretion - he should have resigned, despite it being a fairly minor incident and not one affecting he department he was running. He was an experienced government minister and should have behaved better in public.

Phil Gawne was arrested, prosecuted and imprisoned for his crime. The chief difference, apart from the severity obviously, is that when Gawne committed his offence he was not the government minister responsible for fire safety.

Edited by censorship
  • Like 1

This has gone on long enough lots of people are talking about the action, or inaction, as the case may be about this sad affair. People are concerned, a lot think the bus driver was absolutely thrown by the situation and panicked returning home to base with his problem, i.e. spewin Juan , and a lot of people think he acted in a most callous fashion hoping to extract extreme embarassment to the individual concerned and indirectly to the Manx Government. How can Juan Watterson represent the Island nationally and internationally as Home office Minister i/c drugs and drink, it will not work. This matter has attracted interest not just on M.F. but is still being commented on in I.O.M. Today. It is not going to go away, Al an Bell should know better, a minor shuffle and it would die down. Phil Gawne is still haunted by his fire raising activities and how long ago did that happen and I am sure he will never be put in charge of the Department in charge of the Fire Brigade for just this reason, the snide comments, nudge, nudge. so Mr Bell start using your brains and sort this out before it becomes really out of control.

Yes, there is something new which involves and MHK and alcohol, and is infinately more serious than this thread.

I'm just waiting to see if it makes the press. If it does, we will be one MHK less. I don't want to go any further as not sure of legal consequences.

This isn't ' a man in the pub told me' either, it's first hand knowledge. If John Wright wants to pm me, I will outline the details and ask his advice as to whether it should be brought into the open.

Anything from your informant yet Cheesy ? Have you met up with 'Deepthroat' (seems appropriate) in an underground carpark yet ? Only you or International Rescue can save Juan now. Will you make it in time ? Please tell us soon because my nappy's nearly full and my pram is rocking dangerously...

The wholr saga just about sums up the quality of our administration. does it not?

Honourable is a word that is not in their vocabulary/

A lapse in judgement? maybe, but in his position he has made his position untenable, and he should, and must resign NOW.

Edited by mannin1

Yes, there is something new which involves and MHK and alcohol, and is infinately more serious than this thread.

I'm just waiting to see if it makes the press. If it does, we will be one MHK less. I don't want to go any further as not sure of legal consequences.

This isn't ' a man in the pub told me' either, it's first hand knowledge. If John Wright wants to pm me, I will outline the details and ask his advice as to whether it should be brought into the open.

Anything from your informant yet Cheesy ? Have you met up with 'Deepthroat' (seems appropriate) in an underground carpark yet ? Only you or International Rescue can save Juan now. Will you make it in time ? Please tell us soon because my nappy's nearly full and my pram is rocking dangerously...

It will come out soon I'm sure, and worth waiting for too.

If he goes for chucking up on a bus, then vis a vis, I reckon we'd have about three MHKs left.

Can't we allow him this indiscretion, please ? Maybe he'll take it on board and become the sort of politician that the IOM needs ? Let's face it, others WAY more long in the tooth than him, have been allowed to get away with (the proverbial) murder ?

In other news, we're gonna pay him a little tribute on our wall :>) ...

Yoda (currently insmonia-Jedi, sadly) ...

How can Juan Watterson represent the Island nationally and internationally as Home office Minister i/c drugs and drink, it will not work. This matter has attracted interest not just on M.F. but is still being commented on in I.O.M. Today. It is not going to go away, Al an Bell should know better, a minor shuffle and it would die down.....Phil Gawne is still haunted by his fire raising activities and how long ago did that happen and I am sure he will never be put in charge of the Department in charge of the Fire Brigade for just this reason, the snide comments, nudge, nudge. so Mr Bell start using your brains and sort this out before it becomes really out of control.

As the saying goes

That's it in a nutshell