Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
wheels

Prometheus Trailer

Really looking forward to this. Alien is one of my all-time faves, and this looks like being a great addition to the canon.

The look, sound and 'feel' is very similar to how the original was presented in 1979, but with the kind of scope only possible with a massive budget and/or CGI tech.

Can't wait!

http://en.wikipedia....heus_%28film%29

says

the film will focus on the mythology within the Alien universe. Set in the late-21st century, Prometheus will explore the advanced civilization of an extraterrestrial race responsible for the origins of modern humans on Earth,[5] as well as the background of the alien creature which made its first appearance in the 1979 film.[6]

Bit vague all round but I assume it's the space jockeys as the 'advanced race'

A decent plot outline would be useful but it hasn't happened yet

All part of the marketing I suppose

Edited by wheels

Anyone back from the screening tonight, thoughts?

The film looks like it will be really good, shame we don't have bigger screens over here to make the most of it though :(

Went to see it tonight. Absolutely gripping! Highly recommended, 3D not overused or particularly noticeable.

Went to see it tonight. Absolutely gripping! Highly recommended, 3D not overused or particularly noticeable.

Exactly....so why persecute me as a short sighted glasses wearer to have to put an additional pair of stupid glasses.

Speccy six-eyes

Will still end up going to see it...and moan all the way through.

Exactly....so why persecute me as a short sighted glasses wearer to have to put an additional pair of stupid glasses.

Speccy six-eyes

Will still end up going to see it...and moan all the way through.

I'm the same, it's a pain wearing 3d glasses over your glasses. I do take them off occassionally during talky scenes as I do find them irritating on my nose and ears after a while. But I still enjoyed the film.

Went to see it last night and was slightly underwhelmed. Looked very good, but didn't think the story lived upto the hype.

Just been to see it and really enjoyed it. I knew it didn't really have that much to do with Alien so took it for what it was. Lots of people complaining on the way out saying it was crap and nothing like Alien

They obviously didn't read up about it first!

Oh, and the 3d actually didn't piss me off this time, glasses being a tad clumsy aside.