ok i should add my computer has no microsoft word and i have dyslixia... and i donno why people get so anoyed about some spelling errors?! if they dont have anything nice to write then dont post on the topic what so ever >sad.png

Just a though neko, don't know if it would be any help at all but try http://www.openoffice.org/ which is a free download and the word processing element has a spell checker built in.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Prepare yourself now for a few pages of abuse about your general grammar and not being able to spell benefits.

I love that word.

I don't wish to be cruel, but you really need to work on your spelling etc. It may be useful to do this whilst you have the time. Also, Declan's suggestion seems a good one.   I may be absolutely wr

i wrote on here before about finding a job. i still havnt been able to find one i have even looked about going to the collage and maybe getting another quallification to add to my cv and hopefully find a job but i am wondering if i would be able to get any benifits? me and my partner rent a house and right now hes the only one working and suporting us the whole time with abit of savings i kept from my old job. but if anyone could help me with what benifits i would be able to have and if anyone knows of any free courses or anything that could be helpful please let me know.

thanks!!

You honestly shouldn't have a problem with cleaners, most I see aren't Manx or even have work permits!

Failing that the registry office is only £70 and you'd no longer need a work permit!

i wrote on here before about finding a job. i still havnt been able to find one i have even looked about going to the collage and maybe getting another quallification to add to my cv and hopefully find a job but i am wondering if i would be able to get any benifits? me and my partner rent a house and right now hes the only one working and suporting us the whole time with abit of savings i kept from my old job. but if anyone could help me with what benifits i would be able to have and if anyone knows of any free courses or anything that could be helpful please let me know.

thanks!!

You honestly shouldn't have a problem with cleaners, most I see aren't Manx or even have work permits!

Failing that the registry office is only £70 and you'd no longer need a work permit!

Does Mrs Nitro know about your offer?

Come to think of it, it could be a way to make a fast buck....... Now, where are those singles websites?

Come to think of it, it could be a way to make a fast buck....... Now, where are those singles websites?

Lol, no.

Nekopanda created a previous thread on similar lines, the reason she has come to the island was because of her boyfriend (who is Manx).

Lol, no.

Nekopanda created a previous thread on similar lines, the reason she has come to the island was because of her boyfriend (who is Manx).

Ahhh! It all becomes clear!

If he is unemployed, he can claim for g/f as a dependant. I think but please correct me if wrong.

I'd be surprised if she were entitled to any just because she had a Manx boyfriend.

With the best will in the world, we can't afford this sort of thing, can we? We can barely look after our own.

I'd be surprised if she were entitled to any just because she had a Manx boyfriend.

With the best will in the world, we can't afford this sort of thing, can we? We can barely look after our own.

Job Seekers Allowance Contribution Based (JSA CB) can be paid under the reciprocal agreement with the UK subject to sufficient National Insurance (NI) contributions. A claimant refused JSA (CB) should in theory be entitled to claim the alternative Job Seekers Allowance Income Based (JSA IB).

The Island’s JSA (IB) is subject to the same labour market conditions as its JSA (CB) ie the claimant is unemployed or working on average less than sixteen hours a week and contracts in writing to actively seek work under an agreed "Back to Work Programme."

The amount of Isle of Man JSA (IB) payable is known as The Applicable Amount being comprised of (i) Personal Allowances for normal day to day living expenses, food, clothing, heating and lighting (ii) Premiums for expenses likely to be higher than normal (iii) Housing Costs for rent, rates, services charges and mortgage interest.

However, the sum awarded for Isle of Man JSA (IB) is reduced by any Reckonable Income the person, partner, and/or dependants receive.

Thus it appears that if you enjoy such as a pension, income from investments, have over £13,000 in capital for which an assumed income of £1 for every 250 in excess of £13,000 will be deducted, and/or your partner and/or dependants are so placed, then a reduced JSA (IB) may be paid or maybe none at all!

If a claimant’s partner works more than twenty four hours a week then JSA (IB) is not paid but may be paid at a reduced rate if a partner works less then twenty four hours a week. The first £30 of earnings is discounted but anything over that and JSA (IB) will be reduced penny for penny. JSA (CB) is not affected by a partner’s earnings.

In order to qualify for JSA (IB) one must be an Isle of Man Worker ie basically no longer need a Work Permit but a person is not an Isle of Man Worker if they would only be an Isle of Man Worker by virtue of their (or their spouse or Civil Partner) being educated in the Isle of Man.

JSA (CB) is paid for a maximum of twenty six weeks after which the claimant may transfer to JSA (IB). There is no time limit to the period JSA (IB) can be paid.

Basically, if you need a Work permit you can still sign on and get NI credits but that is about all!

Generally speaking, means tested benefits are not payable to non-Isle of Man Workers (Those needing Work Permits).

And there is no such thing as a "Common Law Wife"...aka "girlfriend"....not even in Scotland which once had marriage by custom and repute! Not any more!