Phonebook Delivery

So there's an advert in the Courier looking for distributors for this years phonebook.Obviously not the most exciting thing to do with my spare time, but you know, money's money. Anyone done it in the past or know how much you get paid?

Edited by alibaba

The wife did it last year or the year before for as you say money's money. Unfortunately if you're not one of the regulars you'll probably get stiffed with the worst routes and tbh the money is guff ,about 12pence per book. Also you only get a set amount of time to do the delivery about 2 days for 78 pounds worth of books so more full time that free time. Not really worth the effort imho. But maybe she was just unlucky.

Honestly don't think "Yellow Pages" type directory ads are worthwhile any more. Used to spend thousands every month on "printed page" ads but not anymore. Does anyone under 30 ever pick up a phone book? Doubt it. And the returns deminish each passing year as the older users die off. May still be worth doing for plumbers and similar trades but not otherwise.

May still be worth doing for plumbers and similar trades but not otherwise.

Thats what the Best Business Guide is for!

Have never used a phonebook for anything other than MT numbers and non emergency police number!

Honestly don't think "Yellow Pages" type directory ads are worthwhile any more. Used to spend thousands every month on "printed page" ads but not anymore. Does anyone under 30 ever pick up a phone book? Doubt it. And the returns deminish each passing year as the older users die off. May still be worth doing for plumbers and similar trades but not otherwise.

I'd always sort of assumed that you were a plumber Wolley, tongue.png

I usually place adverts in yellow pages each year, this year being no exeption. Manx Telecom have put the adverts up 10% on last years costs for the

same size advert.

I questioned this and pointed out to the sales rep that the enteries in yellow pages have gone down considerably over the years. Just have to look at previous phone books. The rep said oh no this year we have more adverts than ever the usual bullshit.

Next year it will be the best buisness guide i think or maybe newspaper ads.

I'd always sort of assumed that you were a plumber Wolley, tongue.png

You spelt wally wrong! I thought you were too funnily enough. Clearly not.

As for the "Best Business Guide" wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. "Recommend some businesses and we'll give you a bottle of wine" isn't it?| Nonsense.

I did it quite a few years ago. I had 1200 books to deliver and got about £140 for doing it. If you were quick, you could head back to the depot and pick up another round and go do them. After doing the 1200, vowed never to do it again. Not worth it for the time it takes Could job i had a van at the time. I watched people loading up cars like a Rover Metro and a Ford Fiesta with hundreds of books and going out delviering them

I did it quite a few years ago. I had 1200 books to deliver and got about £140 for doing it. If you were quick, you could head back to the depot and pick up another round and go do them. After doing the 1200, vowed never to do it again. Not worth it for the time it takes Could job i had a van at the time. I watched people loading up cars like a Rover Metro and a Ford Fiesta with hundreds of books and going out delviering them

Suppose it's not too bad if you have the right area. i.e. door to door along roads, terraced houses or maybe Dan dare estate. If it's uphill, down dale, along long drives out in the country you'd have to be crazy.

Depends how much you want/need £140 I guess.