Bending The Rules

bumblebee

Last week two cars driven by girl racers had a bit of needle with each other.

When one car pulled into McDonalds the other followed and a row broke out, the row was that bad that the police were called.

The police turned up (thinking a free burger might be on the cards) and the full extent of what had gone on (racing round town) was admitted.

Did the police arrest anyone - No - Why- One girl racer was actually a Policewoman.

Why oh why is it one rule for them and another for us?

Unless an offence had been committed where a power of arrest was available and necessary then no one could be arrested !

Despite the protestations of the liberal left we do not live in a police state, if you are concerned as the poster above said ask the CC he'll tell you what happened and why !

So a couple of chavvy birds pull into Maccy D's and have a bit of a bitch at each other. The cops turn up to tell them to calm the f**k down, which judging by the lack of arrests they have done. It's only if they've knocked the shit out of each other or carry on after they've been told to calm down and get lost that I'd expect them to get arrested.

I was never really a 'racer' in my teens, although I'll admit that I did tend to be a bit heavy-footed on the accelerator at times. There was one night, however, when I'd had a row with my then-boyfriend and, in a temper, i tore along the Promenade at some ridiculous speed (it was the early hours of the morning - very little traffic - although I realise that's no excuse). I was, of course, spotted by the police and pulled over.

The policeman listened patiently to my (highly-emotional!) explanation, then gave me a reasonably severe telling off along with a warning of what could have happened and what would happened if he saw me behaving like that again. Then he sent me on my way - following me most of the way home (to make sure I'd listened to the warning, I suppose) - and I heard no more about it.

The warning worked. I need my licence for work and realised how stupid I'd been. I've driven much more sensibly since then.

I think I'd I'd call that intelligent policing.

Oh, and before anyone suggests that it was anything to do with being a female - it wasn't! There was no hint of flirtation or anything like that - not surprising when my appearance wasn't exactly me at my best!biggrin.png And, if there's any doubt about that, a (male) friend of mine had a very similar experience - with similar results. Sometimes, a quiet warning is every bit as effective as a booking and I'm sure our police officers are aware of which is required.

So neither party got arrested, how is that one rule for one one rule for another? it would seem it was the same rule for both

I think it infers, that had it been another group of two, and one not a police person, then the outcome may have been different. I consulted a science book about rockets and it wasn't in there so I could be onto something here.

So neither party got arrested, how is that one rule for one one rule for another? it would seem it was the same rule for both

I think it infers, that had it been another group of two, and one not a police person, then the outcome may have been different. I consulted a science book about rockets and it wasn't in there so I could be onto something here.

That's how I understood it, like two men get drunk and vomit, one is a government minister and only one ends up in court...that type of thing.