Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Moghrey Mie

Wedding Venues

I was hoping the Mount Murray would get a license as I was thinking of booking there. May end up booking somewhere off island if those 4 are the only choices. The Villa and Sefton are a bit pricey and the Palace is a bit dingy so it only leaves the Glen Helen which is a bit out of the way.

You'd think I was fussy or something ermm.gif

I see The Sefton and Palace Hotels are now 'approved places' where you can get married legally without going to the Registry Office. Are there any other places on the island you would like see available for weddings?

People pick venues for different reasons.

It could be down to location/surroundings, cost, guest accommodation, traditional/contemporary theme and many more.

Having four seems ok to me, but why do you ask, is more being planned?

Why can't you get married anywhere like the UK?, 4 approved venues?, ok they're nicer than a church but only marginally

Guest Buddysmum

Why can't you get married anywhere like the UK?, 4 approved venues?, ok they're nicer than a church but only marginally

Agreed. It's like our powers that be think we're something special over here! Pathetic. If people here aren't churchgoers then they have the choice of some horrible characterless registry office or a couple of hotels? FFS, let people commit to each other wherever they feel is special.

I see The Sefton and Palace Hotels are now 'approved places' where you can get married legally without going to the Registry Office. Are there any other places on the island you would like see available for weddings?

People pick venues for different reasons.

It could be down to location/surroundings, cost, guest accommodation, traditional/contemporary theme and many more.

Having four seems ok to me, but why do you ask, are more being planned?

Yes, there is an application procedure for other places. You do it through the Civil Registry.

The scheme has only been going for six months so give it time to get going and there will probably be more places. Before this it was only churches or registry offices.

The Grove Museum in Ramsey? I am getting married this year and it is having a Victorian theme. Somewhere like that would be lovely for a small wedding.

• Like 1

The Grove Museum in Ramsey? I am getting married this year and it is having a Victorian theme. Somewhere like that would be lovely for a small wedding.

I've never been keen on the outside look of the building, but the insides quaint and full of old stuff.

I think I saw Albert Tatlock there too. lol

I would have expected the TT Grandstand - and a few other places around the course - to be approved before June.

Then, what about Peel Castle and Castle Rushen?

I would have expected the TT Grandstand - and a few other places around the course - to be approved before June.

Then, what about Peel Castle and Castle Rushen?

There is a registry office at Castle Rushen.

I would imagine the Church will be against having other registry offices