Shallow Mhks

Give it about another four and a half years then

Poof!

As if by magic

They'll reappear and be our bestest chums ever until we are so completely gullible and stupid that we vote for them again

Then

Bingo!

Poof!

Gone again

A certain minister rang me 2 days after his re-election asking me how I was getting on with my little problem, promising. to ask some questions in tynwald for me .

Imagine how happy I was when I heard he'd been made head of the department in question!

Talk about misplaced optimism?stupid.gif

It's been said before -

Manx have poor long term and short term memory spans.

Why else does the same shower get in everytime? After all these years you would have thought that you all would have learnt by now.

• Like 1

Shallow MHKs ? All our own fault, Pasty. We reap what we sow, and we are equally as shallow in our choices and our reasons for these choices.

If your constituency MHK gets some road works done in your area, or gets planning permission for somebody to do something, or turns up at your Grandmothers funeral (worth a lot of votes from the extended family, that is.) Then we are so impressed that we vote for them. So it’s coffin chasing, granny farming (dead or alive) and parish pump politics with a bit of sycophancy thrown in that wins the day in the end.. They know this, hence the flurry of activity at election time. After that it is just a matter of keeping an eye open for the biggest funerals, visit care homes etc until the next pre election onslaught.

• Like 2

It must be difficult to strike a balance. Yes, they should comment from time to time but I wouldn't post often if I was an MHK. Do we want a running commentry? Especially, when they'll be people looking to exploit the tiniest slip (cf Diane Abbott's recent Twitter storm?

People have said that Juan Watterson should respond to the purplexing criticism of him following his Xmas escapade. However, his statement after the event has said all he really can on the subject - it was unacceptable, he's sorry, and he's paid recompense. What more can he say? Even the nutjobs that are banging on about really don't require more from him other than "I resign" and he's clearly not going to say that.

Well you have to disect the population,those on £40,000 plus of which there are quite a few,will vote for the same gang,because that is the same mob who allow these overpaid people to exist,it's the ones on low pay,no pay,who complain,so what can us poor people do about it,except carry on complaining.

Edited by EORH

It's been said before -

Manx have poor long term and short term memory spans.

Why else does the same shower get in everytime? After all these years you would have thought that you all would have learnt by now.

Lack of decent alternatives? I can only think of two candidates from last year's elections who didn't get elected that spoke any sense at all.