Proposed New Nuclear Repository, West Cumbria.

The nuclear industry are having a road show around Cumbria from now until the end of March drumming up support for a nuclear dump of mammoth proportions[six to eleven times bigger than the present Sellafield and more excavated rock than the Channel tunnel]

The preferred site is in the Copeland Borough District just 30 miles away from the island. If things go wrong they will go wrong for ever.

Should we have any input to this proposed developement or have we been sold out by our illustrious leaders. I would have thought it would have been on the agenda at last weeks BIC meeting in Dublin as Ireland and Scotland have been against further expansion of the nuclear industry around the Irish Sea for many years now.

Sorry, but if you think the Manx Government and elected politicians have anywhere near enough power to stop this you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Do you really think the England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland take any real notice of what we say or do here?

• Like 1

Sorry, but if you think the Manx Government and elected politicians have anywhere near enough power to stop this you're living in cloud cuckoo land. Do you really think the England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland take any real notice of what we say or do here?

As I stated in my post Ireland and Scotland have been against further expansion of the nuclear industry around the Irish Sea I intended to imply that it would be those countries who would raise it at the meeting

As I stated in my post Ireland and Scotland have been against further expansion of the nuclear industry around the Irish Sea I intended to imply that it would be those countries who would raise it at the meeting

That is intill the UK say "right we stick it in scotland then"

If something does go horribly wrong, we could be blasted into space and hurled across the universe encountering cardboard spaceships crewed by silly voiced aliens (some of whom may well be Brian Blessed) every week

We'd have to rename the IOM to Moonbase Allan

Oh sorry was thinking of Space 1999

Edited by wheels