Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
wrighty

Dominos Pizza

On 3 or 4 occasions now I've had trouble paying for pizza online. First time my card company cancelled my card because I'd tried to order from them - this may have happened twice - other times, including this evening, my card company has phoned me (from India) to check that my card hadn't been stolen.

Anyone else had this? What is it with Dominos that makes my card company think I've probably lost my card? It doesn't happen very often with anyone else.

Not exactly the same problems that you've had but yes, we have frequent problems with on line payment and Dominos. On nearly every occasion I've used them the delivery guy has asked for cash on delivery even though it's already been paid for by credit card. On one occasion they phoned me saying the payment hadn't gone through and asking for a different card number, a few days later I saw I had been charged on both. Got a refund by phoning them easily enough but it's a pain in the arse.

Delivery guys seem to accept this straight away when I tell them it's already been paid for now. I get the feeling it's not an uncommon occurrence for them.

Delivery guys seem to accept this straight away when I tell them it's already been paid for now. I get the feeling it's not an uncommon occurrence for them.

But it says 'pre-paid' on the receipt on the side of the box.

• Like 1

But it says 'pre-paid' on the receipt on the side of the box.

I've never checked, I have a look next time and see what it says.

Not exactly the same problems that you've had but yes, we have frequent problems with on line payment and Dominos. On nearly every occasion I've used them the delivery guy has asked for cash on delivery even though it's already been paid for by credit card. On one occasion they phoned me saying the payment hadn't gone through and asking for a different card number, a few days later I saw I had been charged on both. Got a refund by phoning them easily enough but it's a pain in the arse.

I've had that too - twice I think. First time he phoned back to base to check, second time he just believed me and tootled off.

it probably as you are flagged as a pauper and can't really afford to be spending money on overpriced shite, its for your own good. :-)

Ooh, dominoes, there isn't an offer they can give that would woo this family to order from them.

• Like 1

Savinos Pizzas. Every time. Sadly only at weekends. And over half the price ...

313999 ...

Yoda ...

Tried them on your advice from another post. Both pizzas came with the dough under cooked. Wasn't that impressed after all your fawning over them TBH.

I'll give them another go sometime in case it was a one-off.

Savinos Pizzas. Every time. Sadly only at weekends. And over half the price ...

313999 ...

Yoda ...

Dominos list prices are high, but you never end up paying it. Quick google and you've generally got a code for something that knocks a load off the price.

Wrighty, after your spurious carpet re-fitting suggestion, I'm really tempted to suggest you make your own pizzas, "It's not that hard...pick up some of those ingredient things from Tesco...I've done it myself with no problems".

HTH smile.png

Wrighty, after your spurious carpet re-fitting suggestion, I'm really tempted to suggest you make your own pizzas, "It's not that hard...pick up some of those ingredient things from Tesco...I've done it myself with no problems".

HTH smile.png

It's not that hard, and we have made our own pizzas. Just when you need to feed a load of kids simultaneously the ovens here aren't big enough.

Struggled with the carpet then?

Ooh, dominoes, there isn't an offer they can give that would woo this family to order from them.

I doubt it Gladys I have never seen such spectacularly overpriced take out family food than Domino's. For a family it's actually cheaper to go to the Chinese and get a proper cooked and prepared take out food order with extra side orders etc than it is to get a handful of pizzas on any of their hilarious family offers. Offers which inevitably only seem to save you 50p or so off the normal price of buying 4 pizzas. Used them once and couldnt be arsed with the collective disappointment again.