• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's no wonder you're still a virgin.

*Ahem* We do not mention the chain

Not too surprised at this - they probably got sick of standing around waiting for someone to serve them.

Posted Images

Not too surprised at this - they probably got sick of standing around waiting for someone to serve them.

Whenever I have been in they seem to serve the customers pretty quickly. It's the nut jobs that they leave alone - sort of sums you up really.

Hopefully all the posters (me excluded) will get burgled this weekend and then Ken and his staff can post comments on your bad luck

Edited by Passing Time

Whenever I have been in they seem to serve the customers pretty quickly. It's the nut jobs that they leave alone - sort of sums you up really.

A foolish policy - there's a lot of nut jobs in the music industry. They're often the most dedicated. ; )) They lost my custom a while ago through poor service, and I spend quite a lot on stuff that should be their bread and butter week in week out, but which can be sourced cheaper and often quicker online. Still, I'm sure they can rely on you and your annual plectrum renewal for fiscal solidity.

A foolish policy - there's a lot of nut jobs in the music industry. They're often the most dedicated. ; )) They lost my custom a while ago through poor service, and I spend quite a lot on stuff that should be their bread and butter week in week out, but which can be sourced cheaper and often quicker online. Still, I'm sure they can rely on you and your annual plectrum renewal for fiscal solidity.

There is always the other new place on Railway Hill

I wish we had a proper music shop over here. As a youngster, I used to take the bus in to Douglas on Saturdays to spend my pocket money on sheet music from that music shop that used to be in Strand Street (Mitchells?). I bought my Yamaha acoustic guitar there a very long time ago and still have it - it's been on all my travels with me too...I would really love to run a music shop. Shame everyone seems to have such a poor opinion of Peter Norris'.

Peter Norris Music is Mitchell's in all but name.

I wish we had a proper music shop over here. As a youngster, I used to take the bus in to Douglas on Saturdays to spend my pocket money on sheet music from that music shop that used to be in Strand Street (Mitchells?). I bought my Yamaha acoustic guitar there a very long time ago and still have it - it's been on all my travels with me too...I would really love to run a music shop. Shame everyone seems to have such a poor opinion of Peter Norris'.

Peter Norris Music is Mitchell's in all but name.

Like PL, I spend a lot of money on music and instruments but won't go to Peter Norris because I found their staff to be unhelpful and they make me feel uncomfortable if I handle the merchandise!They have a very poor collection of music books/sheet music too - I guess that could be because the shop is so small and space restricted.

I wouldn't necessarily mind paying a bit more if shopping there was a pleasant experience but it isn't - it feels very unwelcoming. More annoyingly, they have been unfriendly and suspicious with my kids when they have gone in there to look at stuff. As it happens, they all play instruments and so we are potentially a good source of income for them but they didn't hang around long enough in there to buy anything. I remember the Mitchells in Strand Street having a very different atmosphere - flicking through records, looking through music books and trying out instruments.

Can only speak from personal experience but Ken Mitchell always seems really nice and helpful. A burglary is an awful experience. Loads of disruption to the business and a violation of his premises so much sympathy should go to him. I wonder if all of you who seem to think it's a big joke would see the funny side if it happened to you.