Cracked Screen - Plasma Tv

DjDan

Okay, so my little boy just threw his toy at our TV, and he's cracked the screen. Yay. Screen won't work at all now - the joys of children.

From what I read online, it seems that the screen can be fixed. I'll call Waltons, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend anyone else who fixes them? I'll be onto the insurance in the morning!

TV is under a year old. =(

Is it worth getting it fixed? Maybe you'd be better off getting a £400 tv (a robust LCD one) or ban toys in the living room which is a bit sly. If you claim from the insurance you'll lose your no claims so it might be cheaper (in the long run) to just get a new TV.

Edit : btw, I have no idea how much TV's cost or what kind of tv you have (other than it was plasma....)

Edited by thebees

Okay, so my little boy just threw his toy at our TV, and he's cracked the screen. Yay. Screen won't work at all now - the joys of children.

From what I read online, it seems that the screen can be fixed. I'll call Waltons, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend anyone else who fixes them? I'll be onto the insurance in the morning!

Contents insurance?, they'll probably write it off and give you something similar.

Ahhhhh the good old tried and trusted "kids damaged it" claim