Jar - Prices

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered in another topic, I did a search on the forum but couldn't find any threads.

I'm looking to book a table at JAR for my Parents 30th wedding anniversary, the menu they have online looks pretty good but rather ominously there are no prices attached.... Has anyone been there recently and can give me a ballpark idea of an average price of a meal there? There'll be 5 of us, I'd imagine the majority of us will have 2 courses with maybe the greedier of us managing a dessert as well.

Any reviews of the restaurant as a whole would be welcomed as well - If you don't recommend there where would be a better place to take them?

Cheers in advance!

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been covered in another topic, I did a search on the forum but couldn't find any threads.

I'm looking to book a table at JAR for my Parents 30th wedding anniversary, the menu they have online looks pretty good but rather ominously there are no prices attached.... Has anyone been there recently and can give me a ballpark idea of an average price of a meal there? There'll be 5 of us, I'd imagine the majority of us will have 2 courses with maybe the greedier of us managing a dessert as well.

Any reviews of the restaurant as a whole would be welcomed as well - If you don't recommend there where would be a better place to take them?

Cheers in advance!

Best restaurant on the iom, imo. Why not pop in and ask to see a menu? Compares favourably price wise and the food is terrific. Obviously depends on how much wine you have but work on about £55 per head with wine. I'm sure you'll have a great night there. Also check out tripadvisor.com for other reviews.
  • Like 1

Once a year I crawl out of my box to indulge some fine dining at Jar. I'd agree with Gilly that it's the best restaurant on the island. Not been since the chef shake up though. It's not cheap though so they may want a glass of wine or three whilst getting ready....