Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
When Skies Are Grey

The Walking Dead

I effin love this programme. Very surprised this didn't go "mainstream" but I felt the same with Carnivalé when that was on FX.

Also love it. Best TV series since Lost in my opinion. Can't wait for it to start up again.

I had read the GN before seeing the TV show, so of course had certain expections.

Not going into spoiler territory, but the TV show and the GN are wildly different, almost to the point of the two being almost two completly different stories that just happen to have the same characters.

The TV show is okay, extremely slow in places and too much standing around talking about their feelings, but other than that a reasonably okay show.

I had read the GN before seeing the TV show, so of course had certain expections.

Not going into spoiler territory, but the TV show and the GN are wildly different, almost to the point of the two being almost two completly different stories that just happen to have the same characters.

The TV show is okay, extremely slow in places and too much standing around talking about their feelings, but other than that a reasonably okay show.

Yeah i've been reading the GN for a few years now as well...I agree with everything you say MDO but i've got to admit i've fookin' loving the show!

I just hope they do a certain character justice when and if she appears! shuriken.gif

The first half of Season 2 (still dont get the idea of mid-season breaks!) was certainly slower paced than the opening season. I guess with a mind on longer story arcs they could take their time a little more than with the break neck 6 episode opening season. I also think that budget cut backs and Drabonts departure had an impact.

That said still looking forward to next week! Brains!

Bit slow

The bar scene towards the end reminded me of the Clary

No Zombies in the bar though unlike..........

The finale of season 2 was pretty epic. Wont spoil it for people that havent seen it but cant wait for Season 3 now.

agreed shill the finale was great, the ending was just what I was waiting for...roll on season 3 and the all the fun that has to bring!

I'm watching it on C5 at present (I don't recall seeing it before but I swear I've seen the opening episode of S2 before - certain scenes gave me a real deja-vu sensation). Anyway, I can't recall having watched season 1 so I'm not fully in the loop with it all but one thing does occur to me. They seem to be short of ammo / guns etc but the vast majority of humanity is either zombie or dead soo, why not find the nearest police station / army base and arm the fook up with some proper hardware instead of sidearms, shotguns and rifles (and a crossbow!)?

well...

Basically all the major population centres they have come across have just been full of insane numbers of "walkers" which is both risky and a drain on the limited supply of ammo they have

Plus every gun shot can be heard for miles around and attracts walkers like nobodies business

also... I'd imagine from a storyline pov it'd not be much of a tension builder if they were sat in a bunker with more firepower than you can shake a stick at.... not to mention that it's a hell of a lot more budget to have a tonne of zombies getting shot!

That's one long trailer. Can't wait.