Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
wheels

People Are Ready For Change Says Minister

That average includes pensions paid to part-time workers, workers who have spent six months in the public sector, etc. It is not representative of a lifelong public sector worker who will get shitloads more than that. How much is Mary whatsherface drawing, do you think?

As I recall, it was a VERY public (at the time of her retirement) £66k pa + the accrued Lump Sum of £200k on retirement.

Obviously, she's right at the top of the tree but there must be plenty of others not too far below her. With figures like these being drawn, no wonder the Govt/CS/NI Pension pot can't sustain it.

just hang on a few more years and collect that big pension.

I was curious about these big pensions you all keep talking about. Is this it?

The median average salary-linked public sector pension that is currently being paid out to a pensioner, is worth £5,600 a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-15925017

Now go back to the drawing board and find the average median pension for an MHK/MLC? senior Gov;t Exec;s post.

I not only can state confidently that they make a total A*s of your figures, but further will demonstrate just why we are in such dire straights.

And whilst you are reassesing your figures remember how many of our legislators are allready in receipt of pensions way in excess of your estimate, and then wake up and get real!!

just hang on a few more years and collect that big pension.

I was curious about these big pensions you all keep talking about. Is this it?

The median average salary-linked public sector pension that is currently being paid out to a pensioner, is worth £5,600 a year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-15925017

Total bollocks

Mine

(I'm early 50s)

Has so far given me well into 6 figures so far

That's index linked final salary - stopped quite a few years ago because the particular scheme was unaffordable

FWIW I was under middle rank so the higher ranks must be pulling much more

( Note to crabs, it was earnt and is now paid for by the evil empire across - I'm manx but actually left to get work as there was fuck all here at the time - as many of us did - feel free to clack your claws and mention the boat anyway)

Mind you it wasn't earnt by counting paperclips or sharpening pencils

Incidentally the contribution rate was considerably higher than the new rate being introduced here as a reform - which anyone who actually knows the score will realise still exposes future generations to a huge liability.

Edited by wheels

That average includes pensions paid to part-time workers, workers who have spent six months in the public sector, etc. It is not representative of a lifelong public sector worker who will get shitloads more than that. How much is Mary whatsherface drawing, do you think?

As I recall, it was a VERY public (at the time of her retirement) £66k pa + the accrued Lump Sum of £200k on retirement.

Obviously, she's right at the top of the tree but there must be plenty of others not too far below her. With figures like these being drawn, no wonder the Govt/CS/NI Pension pot can't sustain it.

I think the ex chief minister Brown must be after 30 years on similar big bucks,well over a £1000 a week,and if 65,the state pension,which will pay the electric and heating bills,[Note those only on the state pension have to pay these bills as well as eat].