I wonder if Jeffontherock will have the courtesy to apologies in this thread as it seems there are no substance to his allegations against the Newspaper. And as for his allegation that the report resulted in her loosing her job well............

The newspaper seems to have acted quite well, giving her the chance to air her grievance over the way the case was presented, least he could do is say sorry for his unjustified attack, although he won't.
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mutley has highlighted what most concerned me - the newspaper decided not to publish the details of the man, but did publish the details concerning the woman. That has to have been a conscious decisi

People actually read the courier? I lost a job once because they did a court report on my massive drug bust (0.003g's of weed), I got other jobs and they were with better people, every cloud n all tha

Manx papers are going for more sensational and ridiculous headlines than ever, it smells of desperation to sell their papers, there have been several distastefull ones lately, ie. are you proud to be

How has this thread attracted so much attention? It is plainly obvious that there are circumstances surrounding this unfortunate womans termination than we'll ever get to know. Our local media, historically, has many examples of poor and biased 'journalism', leaning this way or that to suit editorial-content. Sometimes amateurish and parochial to say the least, but the 'Courier' has done the right thing and apologised for any offence that may've been caused and doesn't have to expand on specifics so what IS all the fuss about? The offer is there for a proper discussion for the parties involved so why not leave it at that and forget all the inane, moral-equivalency. Yeeeesh!!!!

but the 'Courier' has done the right thing and apologised for any offence that may've been caused and doesn't have to expand on specifics so what IS all the fuss about?

Err, there is no aplogy at all in the Courier.

Jeffontherock should be careful for what he wishes for. IoM Newspapers in the interest of balanced reporting should fill in all the missing details,salacious or not to satisfy all the extra interest his post has generated

You're blaming the newspaper for publishing a story it had every right to print, but you're shying away from naming her employer who has (according to you) sacked her unfairly. I'd be interested to know which firm that was.

I'd be interested too. Sacking a victim, if that's the case, a lot of people would like to know who does that.

It's just the same as 'man burgled gets sacked' in my book. If indeed things are as straight forward as is being suggested.

Can assure you Albert that the termination of her employment had NOTHING to do with the Court case or what appeared on the Courier. This should have been clarified by the lady in her follow up with the paper along with why she deleted a photo from her Facebook page. Jeffontherock should have got ALL his facts right before starting the thread.

but the 'Courier' has done the right thing and apologised for any offence that may've been caused and doesn't have to expand on specifics so what IS all the fuss about?

Err, there is no aplogy at all in the Courier.

Ah.... Obviously i should do my homework and not be so eager to bin said-rag in the bin as soon as it drops through the letter-box but my impression was/is that Ms Byrne had, if not apologised, at least has presented an opportunity for the parties concerned to discuss the issue and any grievances could be aired. That said, i still don't understand how this issue has generated so much comment. It's become almost gossipy and seems as if the nosy-brigade want the all sordid detail to satisfy the nudge-nudge, snigger-snigger mentality.

Ta for the prompt though...

Edited by quilp

You're blaming the newspaper for publishing a story it had every right to print, but you're shying away from naming her employer who has (according to you) sacked her unfairly. I'd be interested to know which firm that was.

I'd be interested too. Sacking a victim, if that's the case, a lot of people would like to know who does that.

It's just the same as 'man burgled gets sacked' in my book. If indeed things are as straight forward as is being suggested.

Can assure you Albert that the termination of her employment had NOTHING to do with the Court case or what appeared on the Courier. This should have been clarified by the lady in her follow up with the paper along with why she deleted a photo from her Facebook page. Jeffontherock should have got ALL his facts right before starting the thread.

Thanks for clarification. Which is why I added 'If indeed things are as straight forward as is being suggested.'.

This story is nowhere near as straight forward as Jeff has led us to believe. Good to see there was no mention of her sacking in the paper as she wasnt sacked for that reason. I feel that she owes the company concerned an apology for misleading Jeff.