Governers Roundabout

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes,can never spell peoples names that I think are pricks,so once again thanks Pasing time:)

Or even Governor's roundabout?

I suppose shouting abuse at government's front line staff is an internationally recognised way for adults to speed up their journeys. I'm something of a child myself and I take an alternative route. One day, I'll grow up to be big and strong like you guys.

Or sit patiently in a queue and just wait your turn or leave a little bit earlier or go a different route. All this is to simple though and would also mean people won't come onto an internet forum to have a go at something.

Is there any need for the lights to even be there? I got stuck there last night and there was only a bit of fencing up at the side of the road which left plenty of room for traffic to flow as normal in both directions.

Anyone know why there is a need for lights there?

Edited by Nitro

Is there any need for the lights to even be there? I got stuck there last night and there was only a bit of fencing up at the side of the road which left plenty of room for traffic to flow as normal in both directions.

Have you seen some of the drivers on the Island?

Listening to Manx radio saying that 4way lights are in operation at the junction of Victoria road, Glencrutchery road, Governors road and Governors hill !

Where is the entrance to Governors hill at Governors bridge ? I assume this info is a press release from the DOI. It should say Bemahague road.

The same DOI have an official notice in the local press saying that Birch hill crescent will be closed to traffic some time next month for re surfacing, from Hillberry road to Ashley avenue. Where the hell is Ashley avenue? Rang Onchan Comms. and they said they had never heard of it and there is no such road in Onchan.

Same DOI who had official notices some months back saying that traffic would only be allowed to flow in one direction at the junction of Circular road and Prospect hill. These 2 roads dont meet so their official notices are/were invalid.

Can't these cretins get anything right.

Edited by Skig

Where the hell is Ashley avenue?

Ashley Ave is in Birch Hill - go along Birch Hill Crescent and it's a turning off there

ETA: http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/infocentre/townstreetMaps/pdfs/c1b.pdf

junction of Circular road and Prospect hill. These 2 roads dont meet so their official notices are/were invalid.

Top of Prospect Hill is the Junction with Circular Road - Where Standard Bank is

Edited by kevster

Wrong Kevster on both counts. There is no Ashley avenue anywhere along Birch hill crescent, nor anywhere else in Onchan. The present roadworks end at Maple avenue.

The top of Prospect hill is at the junction with Finch road / Hill street. The road from that point to Rosemount is Bucks road. Government buildings are on Bucks road not Prospect hill

Wrong Kevster on both counts. There is no Ashley avenue anywhere along Birch hill crescent, nor anywhere else in Onchan. The present roadworks end at Maple avenue.

The top of Prospect hill is at the junction with Finch road / Hill street. The road from that point to Rosemount is Bucks road. Government buildings are on Bucks road not Prospect hill

So you know exactly where the road works are but are annoyed that you haven't told?

No I am not annoyed in the way you say. The point that I am making is that if any government department are making a declaration about a road closure etc they should ensure that what they are saying is correct in law. I lived in Birch hill when the houses were first built back in the 1970's and remember Ernie Russell opening his shop (Birch hill stores) which is in Maple avenue (look in the phone book and also the map on page 43). The map on the link above on the Goverments own site is wrong, and always has been. Also, try and find a post code for Ashley avenue in Onchan - there aren't any.

Have you seen some of the drivers on the Island?

Do you do anything about them? All the time I see people driving whilst on their phones, great that some laws are more illegal than others innit?

Skig, you are incorrect. Ashley Avneue runs between Birch Hill Crescent and Maple Avenue, just before the turn to Poplar Close. Right next to the shop and play area. stupid.gif

I stand to be corrected, but I've never known it as Ashley avenue. As a child my best mate lived opposite the park and her address was maple avenue, the sign at the junction at the top of the road also says maple avenue. Perhaps they have renamed it but forgot to tell anyone!

Boohoo, as I said in my later post just above yours, Ashley avenue does not exist. Ernie's shop (birch hill stores)is number 1 Maple avenue, the entrance to the play park is in Maple avenue and the recently sited recycling area is in Maple Avenue. I have checked this with the surveyers department of Onchan commissioners. The road sign at the junction with BH crescent says Maple avenue.