Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Albert Tatlock

Gravy Train Gets New Engine?

No one is going to use public transport in preference to their own transport on this island ever. Douglas would have to be gridlocked to make anyone change method and Douglas is never going to be gridlocked unless the islands population more than doubled and we built a load of high rise office buildings, neither of which will ever happen so the toy trains need to do something else.

Maybe, but at the moment people have limited choice. There is no real integrated public transport model that I can see in use but perhaps if there was then a more efficient way of serving the public could be found. The dependency on the car for an Island this side is ridiculous. The streets of many of our towns are full and capacity on our roads is seriously limited.

Flexible working will of course help some, however, there is still a surge in traffic in the mornings and evenings when the school runs start and people try and get to work. I wonder what percentage of the population work in each of the major towns?

Back on topic... I have heard nothing more about the new Diesel apart from what has already been said. Repairs are being made under the warranty.

Back on topic... I have heard nothing more about the new Diesel apart from what has already been said. Repairs are being made under the warranty.

Hope its fixed soon as from what I hear they are very short of working steam locomotives this year

Anyone actually buy an Examiner these days and knows what the new problem is?

I find it too expensive to have to pay 10p per sentence for old news.

• Like 1

Then read the main story in the shop, take a pic with your phone and post it.

You may say old news but many of the threads on here come from original items in the papers.

You make it sound like the Examiner costs about £5.00

• Like 1

..........air intake to the turbo too hot and still getting too hot under load up Nunnerey Bank!However...........ALL IS IN HAND AND UNDER CONTROLw00t.gif

Edited by doc.fixit

Oh no, not a sail train ?? Well it would be green, oh no cycleways.........aaarrrrgh, jibber jibber scream............w00t.gif