• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

looks like i will be getting my 340bhp after all!!!!

Are you sure you're an advanced driver? Seeing as I am retarded, I am not allowed near anything with an engine. I do get some crayons to play with though

What's retarded about buying a car...?

There you go - fixed

Are you sure you're an advanced driver? Only you seem a bit retarded to me.

i would say that (eventually) admitting to driving a car like a loon through 20mph roadworks more than justifies that label. his only counter was that it would have involved him braking hard.....surely an advanced driver should be more than capable of this and should also have been atticipating it too. he then proceeded to pass the buck onto the roadworkers........the very roadworkers who's life he put in danger. it's a serious road offence to which he has admitted (after his recent memory loss).

christ knows what other driving madness he will be capable off when he buys a quicker car

Edited by jacobaman

Nowhere do I see an admission of "driving like a loon" (not that that's recognized as an offence anyway). Seeing as I wasn't there, and neither were you, there is very little point speculating, but if it was on the work-run it's entirely possible that the workmen had only just arrived and not put out the warning signs yet, in which case what exactly can you do to anticipate that? If you assume that around every corner is going to be workmen you'd drive everywhere at 20mph. And that wouldn't be very good would it? :)

Anyway, it's ridiculous to speculate as neither of us were there. And the person who originally brought it up was neither in possession of a speed gun, or acting as a police officer. So it's all of very little relevance as their "estimation" of speed could be out by any amount in either direction.

But of course you knew all that and, based on your previous comments, are merely trying to be obtuse.

• Like 1

I remember being involved in a similar thread on another local forum a couple of years ago, there was a lad who was trying to defend himself after he was witnessed by several people on different occasions driving like a dick.

He was adamant that he was a safe driver and that he was capable of pushing his car to it's limits on open roads without causing danger to anyone. 12 months later he was in prison for killing a biker after a ridiculously dangerous overtaking maneuver went wrong and cost a poor innocent bloke his life.

• Like 1

I too went past these so called 'roadworks' no signs displayed anywhere, just an 7.5 ton lorry with its tailgate, shutter open, saw three blokes standing at the side of the road cuddling barriers and some cones. I also went past these road works at more than their recommended '20mph' speed limit, albeit I slowed down. I've since seen them in other places, yesterday they displayed a 20mph sign less than 5 yards from the lorry (whilst parked to the side of a busy a Junction) in a 30mph limit!

If you're car was to break down, you carried a warning triangle, How far would you place the triangle from the car?

witnessed by several people on different occasions driving like a dick.

He was adamant that he was a safe driver and that he was capable of pushing his car to it's limits on open roads

Except neither of these things has happened in this thread. One person said on one occasion that he believes he was doing more than he should have been past some road workers, and the "defendant" has not said that he pushes the car to its limits, merely corrected the misunderstanding after the OP (where the overtake took place) and the reason behind the alleged roadworks misdemeanour.

Are you sure you're an advanced driver? Only you seem a bit retarded to me.

i would say that (eventually) admitting to driving a car like a loon through 20mph roadworks more than justifies that label. his only counter was that it would have involved him braking hard.....surely an advanced driver should be more than capable of this and should also have been atticipating it too. he then proceeded to pass the buck onto the roadworkers........the very roadworkers who's life he put in danger. it's a serious road offence to which he has admitted (after his recent memory loss).

christ knows what other driving madness he will be capable off when he buys a quicker car

So "all the gear and no idea" or perhaps ambition exceeding ability(?) , overconfidence in a vehicle /on a bike is a dangerous thing in my view.

Edited by paswt
So "all the gear and no idea" or perhaps ambition exceeding ability(?) , overconfidence in a vehicle /on a bike is a dangerous thing in my view.

Same could be said for people who have no confidence behind the wheel!

Same could be said for people who have no confidence behind the wheel!

Says one who openly admits to concentration issues unlikely to inspire confidence in your driving abilities. And I quote:

Going from Ramsey to Port Erin at 40mph takes forever + I start to get fed up and let my eyes wonder after 2-3 miles of mind numbing 40mph drone!

You sound like a shit driver.

Yeah dude been a full member of the IAM for nearly 3 years smile.png

that's great that deano.......so when was it that they taught you that if it's "more dangerous to slam by brakes on" (you're certainly not an advanced speller) then it's ok to carry on regardless !!

surely the proper actions of an advanced motorist like yourself should have been to slow down gradually and then pull in and point out to the road workers that there was no early warning signs and that the lights weren't on/flashing. surely that would've have been the right thing for an advanced driver to do ?.....................I await your next excuse Dude !!

You sound like a shit driver.

You make whatever assumptions you like, however one day you're going to upset the wrong person and there can't be many people left for you to offend.

Edited by Nitro

Also guys i went past the guys at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount but would of been impossable to slow to 20mph in the space of time, i have a loud car which makes it apear faster than it is by the sound it maked. Also at no point have i said i dive at my limits on the roads its not something i would do hence why i am a regular up at duke trackdays i save driving like a loon for the track not the road