Yeah dude been a full member of the IAM for nearly 3 years smile.png

that's great that deano.......so when was it that they taught you that if it's "more dangerous to slam by brakes on" (you're certainly not an advanced speller) then it's ok to carry on regardless !!

surely the proper actions of an advanced motorist like yourself should have been to slow down gradually and then pull in and point out to the road workers that there was no early warning signs and that the lights weren't on/flashing. surely that would've have been the right thing for an advanced driver to do ?.....................I await your next excuse Dude !!

Typos != bad spelling.

And uh, if it's more dangerous to slam your brakes on than to continue at your current speed, of course you continue at your current speed.

Honestly you seem like someone who's just trying to wind people up but has no real reasoning for your comments.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

Also guys i went past the guys at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount but would of been impossable to slow to 20mph in the space of time, i have a loud car which makes it apear faster than it is by the sound it maked. Also at no point have i said i dive at my limits on the roads its not something i would do hence why i am a regular up at duke trackdays i save driving like a loon for the track not the road

there's the excuse and not a very good one..........."went past at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount"........so you entered the road works at over 50 and drove through them at 50..........that's very advanced deano. and couldn't be bothered to stop and make the situation safer for all the other drivers. at least you were "diving" within your limits though

perhaps that's the problem deano, check your certificate again......you're an advanced diver and not a driver.

Edited by jacobaman
there's excuse and not a very good one..........."went past at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount"........so you entered the road works at over 50 and drove through them at 50..........that's very advanced deano. and couldn't be bothered to stop and make the situation safer for all the other drivers. at least you were "diving" within your limits though

perhaps that's the problem deano, check your certificate again......you're an advanced diver and not a driver.

Sorry but I must ask this question seeing as you've a bee in your bonnet.

Have you been certified as an advanced driver?

there's excuse and not a very good one..........."went past at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount"........so you entered the road works at over 50 and drove through them at 50..........that's very advanced deano. and couldn't be bothered to stop and make the situation safer for all the other drivers. at least you were "diving" within your limits though

no.....next question

Also guys i went past the guys at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount but would of been impossable to slow to 20mph in the space of time, i have a loud car which makes it apear faster than it is by the sound it maked. Also at no point have i said i dive at my limits on the roads its not something i would do hence why i am a regular up at duke trackdays i save driving like a loon for the track not the road

there's the excuse and not a very good one..........."went past at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount"........so you entered the road works at over 50 and drove through them at 50

Reads to me like he was slowing whilst going through them, and doing about 50 as he passed the workers. Which makes sense. Not sure why you're assuming it means he slowed to 50 then thought "Fuck it, that'll do" and carried on at 50.

at least you were "diving" within your limits though

When half your argument has to revolve around typos, your argument is probably pissweak. Just something to bear in mind.

just to add to your first comment........my brother is a road worker and whilst he might spend an fair amount of time leaning on his shovel he does have quite a few close shaves with loonatic drivers on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. Deano is obviously one of them and seems totally oblivious to his actions. He likes to harp on about his advanced diving skills but certainly doesn't demonstrate them. that hopefully explains the bee in my bonnet.

Edited by jacobaman

driving past a line of 4 or 6 cars is not safe, cannot be. You cannot tell what may happen on the nearside, even if you can see ahead. Of course the cars should be far enough apart to allow overtaking one at a time and that is what you should do.

My experience over 30 years in courts has been that AIM qualified drivers are worse and proportionately more likley to end up committing a moving traffic offence than the population at large because they believe they are better drivers and they have a god driven right to drive in a fashion which is "agressive".

That type of driving and in this case overtaking and belief can, and will end up in conviction and disqualification, sooner rather than later, even if there is no accident or injury.

What is wrong with slow? Why do you feel the need to get ahead of everyone else?

• Like 2

there's the excuse and not a very good one..........."went past at about 50mph and had slowed down a fair amount"........so you entered the road works at over 50 and drove through them at 50

Reads to me like he was slowing whilst going through them, and doing about 50 as he passed the workers. Which makes sense. Not sure why you're assuming it means he slowed to 50 then thought "Fuck it, that'll do" and carried on at 50.

When half your argument has to revolve around typos, your argument is probably pissweak. Just something to bear in mind.

....i assume this, you assume that.......what does it matter, the fact remains he was speeding.............period !!

there is obviously some kinda gay love developing between deano and yourself which is fine but it's clouding your judgement HeliX

just to add to your first comment........my brother is a road worker and whilst he might spend an fair amount of time leaning on his shovel he does have quite a few close shaves with loonatic drivers on a weekly, sometimes daily basis. Deano is obviously one of them and seems totally oblivious to his actions. He likes to harp on about his advanced diving skills but certainly doesn't demonstrate them. that hopefully explains the bee in my bonnet.

Oblivious? I suppose that's why he slowed down and was able to give a full justification for why he hadn't slowed down previously (the sign not being out).

driving past a line of 4 or 6 cars is not safe, cannot be. You cannot tell what may happen on the nearside, even if you can see ahead. Of course the cars should be far enough apart to allow overtaking one at a time and that is what you should do.

It worries me that you hold this belief and (presumably) have an opinion in court. There are numerous places on the island where you can pass 6 cars safely, especially if they are travelling slowly and you have a car with some decent punt.

....i assume this, you assume that.......what does it matter, the fact remains he was speeding.............period !!

there is obviously some kinda gay love developing between deano and yourself which is fine but it's clouding your judgement HeliX

Ahh, run out of decent arguments so now you have to resort to calling me gay? Priceless.

And no, the only thing I have a "love" for in the context of this conversation, is "innocent until proven guilty." Rather than the "innocent until alleged guilty by some bloke walking his dog" that you appear to use.

In that case I can understand you being defensive, however I have drove past these people doing the road works/digging the last couple of days in various locations, each time there hasn't been any sign or any sort of warning, infact until you have to get close enough to the van to establish whether they're actually working in the road or whether its just some cones/barriers left there from a previous job or a current one their going to continue later. A triangle also means 'advised' speed limit, like the one on windy corner, it is not a 20mph limit by law (round speed limit sign), although anyone knowingly driving fast through road works should be punished, after all 30mph is enough to kill.

These people aren't DOI either, but a private firm, quite what they're doing I don't know, but it looked like cables or drainage to me.

HeliX feel free to correct me but if i'm understanding correctly, Deano has admitted his guilt (albeit only after I'd made the link between his actual number plate and that which the dog walker spotted).

I would just be nice if the half-wit would take something away from these two reported incidents.........learn to drive more considerately before the unthinkable happens. It seems to me (and yes I'm assuming again) that the only reason he's looking for a more powerful car is to go even quicker and he thinks that having an Advanced Certificate is justification for doing so.