Of course there is. Show me a speedgun reading of someone exceeding a speed limit and that's perfectly good evidence. Show me what problems the overtake caused and that's perfectly good evidence. Show me some statistics for advanced drivers crash rates compared to regular drivers and that's evidence.

Some bloke walking his dog saying "by 'eck, that was a bit quick" is not evidence. Somebody complaining that they were overtaken by a noisy car is not evidence.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

At no point was i here to big myself up just to justifie the OP comments with an answer...........I'm not in retreat as you have said, just seems pointless in continuing commenting on this thread................I am sure alot of people will agree with this decision.

I don't think it should bother him to be honest, attacking a person rather than their actions just shows a lack of maturity and a losing argument. I generally take it as a white flag admitting that I'm right.

I don't think it should bother him to be honest, attacking a person rather than their actions just shows a lack of maturity and a losing argument. I generally take it as a white flag admitting that I'm right.

whatever Felix but lets make one thing clear......you are not right........you have "assumed" you are right and assumed deano was within the law. none of us really know what happened except deano who at one point didn't realise he was there......not the most reliable source of information either.

I haven't assumed he was right, I've assumed he's innocent until proven otherwise. Which is how it works. It'd be awful if it worked any other way.

And I am right. He IS innocent at this point. The only facts we have to go on are the OP which was "A car overtook me and was very noisy" and a guy walking his dog who thought he was going quickly. Do you honestly think either of those are even worth considering as legitimate evidence?

Hell, even if those two DID bring evidence now - neither overtaking, nor exceeding advisory speedlimits, is an offence.

EDIT: And uh, I don't have to "assume" he's within the law. As I say, neither of the two things he was called out on were illegal. He'd have to try really hard to make himself outside the law on this one.

Edited by HeliX

nope, certainly not legitimate evidence but this aint no legitimate court.......just a poor attempt at a kangaroo. i'm assuming here, but deep down i think deano knows he was giving it more beanz than he's letting on and hence why he's said he's now slowed down (at least until the evo arrives). i know my brother and the other road workers around this little island will be happy about that.......one less loon to worry about.......you're next ;-)

What is an "R" type registration number? I know what a UK Q reg is but I've never heard of "R" types.

really? is this an actual question? it is a big world out there thebees

No, it is not an actual question it's a piece of cheese, what did you think it was?

Accept my evidence is anecdotal, but it is based on 30 years appearing in court, both defending due care, and worse, appearing for 20 years regularly as duty advocate and advising on due cares regularly, and advising on liability suing and defending several hundred motoring related personal injury claims. I think I may have a fair understanding of the case law, the Highway Code and possibly, just, still, an analytical mind.

Only three weeks ago an overtaker who misjudged got a 12 month ban and another got a ban for 18 months. Neither caused an accident, but both were going too fast and not driving in accordance with conditions, location etc. Not saying that Deano acted in a way that breached the law, wasn't there and the evidence is not clear, just that such a manouver is risky at best, ie overtaking a long line of traffic

Here is the Highway Code relevant to overtaking. Note it refers to overtaking one car at a time, not a line by the use of the singular "vehicle"

http://www.direct.go...ycode/DG_070314

Especially 163 bullet 3 and 164 1 & 4 but note 168 and 169