Accept my evidence is anecdotal, but it is based on 30 years appearing in court, both defending due care, and worse, appearing for 20 years regularly as duty advocate and advising on due cares regularly, and advising on liability suing and defending several hundred motoring related personal injury claims. I think I may have a fair understanding of the case law, the Highway Code and possibly, just, still, an analytical mind.

Only three weeks ago an overtaker who misjudged got a 12 month ban and another got a ban for 18 months. Neither caused an accident, but both were going too fax st and not driving in accordance with conditions, location etc. Not saying that Deano acted in a way that breached the law, wasn't there and the evidence is not clear, just that such a manouver is risky at best, ie overtaking a long line of traffic

I'm certainly interested in discussing with you if you have that level of experience! smile.png

Arguably was the problem in that case not the manoeuvre itself, but the surrounding conditions? I only really took exception to your blanket statement that you can't overtake 6 cars in a row safely. It requires much more planning and observation than one car, but I very much believe it can be done safely on a handful of the island's roads.

Also - do you have stats for the advanced drivers comment? I only ask, as I say earlier, due to insurance policies. I find it almost impossible to believe that an insurance company would give lower premiums to a higher risk group!

Cheers.

Edited by HeliX
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

well it's all good chaps:

a crime was detected;

then another;

the culprit came forward;

after a slight stumble he made a full confession;

he's learnt his lesson & changed his ways;

the roads are a little safer;

the offending vehicle is almost sold

deano has finally fucked off as he said he would...........

oh yeh, nearly forgot.......HeliX has found love and a pair of balls.

Edited by jacobaman

well it's all good chaps:

a crime was detected; Overtaking isn't a crime

then another; Advisory speedlimits are not enforcible

the culprit came forward; Can't have a culprit without a crime...

after a slight stumble he made a full confession;Confession to having not committed a crime is not a confession

he's learnt his lesson & changed his ways;Hey this one is okay!

the roads are a little safer;Little being the operative word. It's like being colder than the sun.

the offending vehicle is almost sold Hey another one right!

deano has finally fucked off as he said he would...........Possibly :)

oh yeh, nearly forgot.......HeliX has found love and a pair of balls. I'm afraid I haven't discovered any love in this thread, sorry to disappoint. I'm also not convinced I'm ready for a time-share on balls.

2/9. See me.

What is an "R" type registration number? I know what a UK Q reg is but I've never heard of "R" types.

really? is this an actual question? it is a big world out there thebees

No, it is not an actual question it's a piece of cheese, what did you think it was?

deano has had these plates made up......instead of having a 3 legs on the left hand side of his number plate he has got the Honda Type "R" there instead. I guess it's just incase he forgets what type of car he has.

Evo's and Scoobys are the classic knuckle draggers choice of wagon for fat hoi polloi with poor taste.

I assume you drive something glamorous and expensive like a Benz, Aston Martin or Jaguar then?

Evo's and Scoobys are the classic knuckle draggers choice of wagon for fat hoi polloi with poor taste.

I assume you drive something glamorous and expensive like a Benz, Aston Martin or Jaguar then?

Hey FeliX.....in your mug shot, is that a Quattro that you're perched on by any chance

Edited by jacobaman

1991 Defender 90! The gentleman's choice.

Aha, so you're the environment murderer!

Hey FeliX.....in your mug shot, is that a Quattro or Scirroco that you're perched on by any chance

It is a Quattro, but it's not me.