Glad its not just me who hates being stuck in a crawl of cars/vans doing 40mph, It happens almost daily, I'll make good progress and then get stuck behind one car, which then i'll have a car catch me up, which then turns into three........and so on! Going from Ramsey to Port Erin at 40mph takes forever + I start to get fed up and let my eyes wonder after 2-3 miles of mind numbing 40mph drone!

Get a motorcycle.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

hey deano well said... very true on what u say... with being that qualified your not going to risk other peoples lifes for a couple moments of fun...

now that's an opinion , but as a motorcyclist ,who has been told on many occasions by car drivers, driving at "sensible speeds","Sorry mate I didn't see you" I would prefer Deano to have his "fun" on the racetrack (with his "IAM sterstificate")

Edited by paswt
You sound like a shit driver.

You make whatever assumptions you like, however one day you're going to upset the wrong person and there can't be many people left for you to offend.

I'm not assuming anything. By your own admission you are unable to concentrate on the road ahead after 2-3 miles when stuck in traffic travelling at 40mph. If that isn't shit driving then I don't know what is. In fact, it strikes me as downright dangerous.

Listen, I'm bored and tired of you posting shit. You know exactly what I mean but have twisted it in the typical way you do, to read what you want to read. If you'd like to observe my driving feel free to do so, until then your making an assumption and as above now an accusation.

cant belive someone would do that to be honest, pretty sad state of affairs . hope the police take action under the misuse of telecommunications act

I only hope it was someone viewing the forum and not a member (who should of read the t&cs) taunting people is not acceptable.

I always show respect to bikes as bing a rider my self if you ever come up behind me on your bike a i will get over to the left as far as i can slow down and let you pass. i also do the same at traffic lights!!

.....just not at roadworks hey deano ;-)

Hmmmn...........granted today when going accross the gansey today the pro shovel leaners had the warning signs up!!!! smile.png I thing they may of read the the above and that they were at fault. So there is another leason learned smile.pngsmile.png

Yes, not just 1 warning sign but 4 in total.

I always show respect to bikes as bing a rider my self if you ever come up behind me on your bike a i will get over to the left as far as i can slow down and let you pass. i also do the same at traffic lights!!

.....just not at roadworks hey deano ;-)

Frankly, driving closer to the road workers to let a third vehicle pass down the centerline would be dangerous.

Listen, I'm bored and tired of you posting shit. You know exactly what I mean but have twisted it in the typical way you do, to read what you want to read. If you'd like to observe my driving feel free to do so, until then your making an assumption and as above now an accusation.

I realise you're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I'm perfectly willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and allow you the opportunity to show in what way I've twisted your words. Here's your original post in full:

Glad its not just me who hates being stuck in a crawl of cars/vans doing 40mph, It happens almost daily, I'll make good progress and then get stuck behind one car, which then i'll have a car catch me up, which then turns into three........and so on! Going from Ramsey to Port Erin at 40mph takes forever + I start to get fed up and let my eyes wonder after 2-3 miles of mind numbing 40mph drone!

I'm unable to see how such simple words can be taken in any more than one way, but go on. I'm all ears. How have I typically misunderstood your post?

• Like 1

not sure I would be passing you ,my bikes range from 1937-1959 and although a 'Shadow','Dommie' or a 'Goldie' are capable of well over a 'ton' the brakes are not 'all that' and the best place to let them 'clear their throats' is on the track or a "parade lap"biggrin.png .

I think that if people graduated from walking to a pushbike,motorbike, 'outfit' before driving a car they would appreciate the problems of other road users.

• Like 1

Your name is Nirto, it conjures the idea that you are a petrol head, a dentist or a teenage raver on the NO2 - I think you are a petrol head, you're always banging on about cars and speed and stuff like that. Why can't you people see PL is a great poster? It is not shit, it's ace, this forum would be full of boring, unintelligent, nothingness if it weren't for PL and a few other literate posters.

Frankly, driving closer to the road workers to let a third vehicle pass down the centerline would be dangerous.

I think jacobaman meant the slowing down bit, not the letting some past bit