There is a clue in "driving along the Gansey". Assuming that Zephyr's description is accurate, then the overtaking action took place, illegally and dangerously, inside a 30mph limit. I have issues with some of the speed limits sprinkled around the Island but this one is definitely necessary. I suspect that the drivers involved in a recent RTA outside The Shore Hotel will agree with me.

The whole of the road from that 30 zone to the hill up into Castletown is usually referred to as "Gansey".

Oh no it's not.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

There is a clue in "driving along the Gansey". Assuming that Zephyr's description is accurate, then the overtaking action took place, illegally and dangerously, inside a 30mph limit. I have issues with some of the speed limits sprinkled around the Island but this one is definitely necessary. I suspect that the drivers involved in a recent RTA outside The Shore Hotel will agree with me.

The whole of the road from that 30 zone to the hill up into Castletown is usually referred to as "Gansey".

Oh no it's not.

Well, everyone I speak to would call it that. Regardless, not a lot of point speculating until OP clarifies.

EDIT: Though I am curious as to what you would refer to that Bay as.

Edited by HeliX

Oh no it's not.

Well, everyone I speak to would call it that. Regardless, not a lot of point speculating until OP clarifies.

EDIT: Though I am curious as to what you would refer to that Bay as.

I'm sorry that this is becoming increasingly pedantic, but............

Although commonly referred to as Gansey Beach/Bay, the area within/adjoining the 30mph zone is not recognised as such on the OS map. Gansey Point is the only Gansey marked on the map. Bay ny Carrickey or Carrick Bay is the commonly used term for the whole wider bay stretching approximately from Port St Mary to Scarlett.

The road from the Shore Hotel to Fishers Hill is often referred to as Shore Road, Rushen. However, I accept that the stretch of road where Zephyr was overtaken may have been the stretch by Strandhall.

HOUSE,%20gary%20larson002.jpg

Hey there I am aid driver of the Honda civic Type R. Bet i was the last person you thought would be reading this Zephyr!! You first need to get your figures correct, that morning i overtook 4 cars coming towards the bottom of fishers hill (castletown bound in a d-restricted not a 30)

Secondly i am a proud owner of an advanced drivers licence!! I would never overtake if there was any risk FULL STOP, i wont even drive fast if i have anyone with me in a vehicle!!

As for the needing a wank before work, i have a very beautiful and attractive Mrs for that :P and my good shes good at it!! Unlike you i don't need to self service myself everyday!!

What sort of sick pathetic fuck wishes other people to crash head on with another vehicle?? I was truly disgusted by that comment!!!

Next point as for the car as i am a highly qualified vehicle technician of nearly 10 years the car is well maintained and looked after and is serviced every 4000miles so about 4 times a year and i use the highest quality parts and oils money can buy. Being a TYPE R it has a high revving engine which is meant to be used like that or what is the point of producing it or anyone owning one. All lights, levels and Tyre pressures checked weekly!! Do you do this?? Well no prob not as you like to get home and moan like the old idiot that you are about people with better things than you, my one bit of advice for you is go get a life you are a DICK!!!!! :)

• Like 2

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody would have enough room to do this as they would rapidly run out of road.

• Like 3

What terrible things you ppl say on here. I dont wish pain, hurt or bad luck on anybody, i just dot appreciate ppl making coments like the above about me!! What nasty ppl you are in this forum. Where is the manx spirit and care for each other??

What terrible things you ppl say on here. I dont wish pain, hurt or bad luck on anybody, i just dot appreciate ppl making coments like the above about me!! What nasty ppl you are in this forum. Where is the manx spirit and care for each other??

Stick around, you ain't seen nothing yet........