• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

yes it will of be sounds amazing with my custom exhaust i made my self and my AEM induction kit :P

Don't happen to have 118 in your reg do you, and as for an advanced driver I thought passing 20 mph roadworks restrictions at well over 60 ( guess but have some experience) would be right out of order don't you think? Wednesday morning walking the dogs along the bottom of fishers hill this knob in a civic ( might not be this person) passed throught signed road works with blokes working at the side of the road at what three of us described as mental speed. Very Distinctive exhaust note. Edited by Burt

This morning whilst driving along the Gansey I was overtaken by a silver Honda hu da va. There was at least five cars behind me and two in front, I heard this roar of a car and watched as it passed me by. There was a for sale sign in the rear window but I couldn't get the details cos it passed me so quickly, I ain't going to buy this car because the engine is obviously half raced (well thrashed anyway)

You know when you look at a car overtaking and think, well I hope you meet another vehicle coming the other way, Well he didn't but I still thought. You have to leave for work earlier, stop having a quick one off the wrist before you leave home and you will get to work on time.

were you pootling along at 20mph like rest of the numpties that live here?

• Like 1

Glad its not just me who hates being stuck in a crawl of cars/vans doing 40mph, It happens almost daily, I'll make good progress and then get stuck behind one car, which then i'll have a car catch me up, which then turns into three........and so on! Going from Ramsey to Port Erin at 40mph takes forever + I start to get fed up and let my eyes wonder after 2-3 miles of mind numbing 40mph drone!

The standard of driving on this island is the worst i have ever seen. The following are a daily occurence:

- people doing 40 in a derestricted and then carrying on at 40 upon entering a 30.

- nobody knows how a roundabout works, thinking it is a first come first served thing.

- people incapable of anticipating an upcoming slope and hence dropping 10mph rather than maintaining their speed.

- people coming round a corner with their offside wheels on the wrong side of the road.

- people not having the ability to correct the above when they realise someone is coming the other way.

- people staring at you (not maliciously but more like a retard) rather than actually reacting and correcting their mistake.

- people inferring their mistake is actually your fault.

- people incapable of passing a cyclist even though you could get the QE2 through the gap.

- the above leading to you having to drive at 10mph until a passing stretch 1 mile long is found.

.......the list goes on.

• Like 1

Glad its not just me who hates being stuck in a crawl of cars/vans doing 40mph, It happens almost daily, I'll make good progress and then get stuck behind one car, which then i'll have a car catch me up, which then turns into three........and so on! Going from Ramsey to Port Erin at 40mph takes forever + I start to get fed up and let my eyes wonder after 2-3 miles of mind numbing 40mph drone!

What about the folk who do a steady 35-38 mph regardless of road conditions,speed limits etc and when you do get in a position to safely overtake drift towards the centre of the road ? biggrin.png

- people incapable of passing a cyclist even though you could get the QE2 through the gap.

- the above leading to you having to drive at 10mph until a passing stretch 1 mile long is found.

Ok, I'm guilty of that one! hold my hand up. I hold back until I can see its 100% clear to overtake, because I don't want to swing onto the other side of the road unless its clear and cause a driver coming the other way to take avoiding action. Basically I treat a cyclist like a tractor or other large slow moving machinery.

- people coming round a corner with their offside wheels on the wrong side of the road.

- people not having the ability to correct the above when they realise someone is coming the other way.

This. When I am in the Chelsea Tractor without the kids, I drive to the centre line when cornering even when it is outside the "racing line", just to keep the pricks coming the other way honest!

This. When I am in the Chelsea Tractor without the kids, I drive to the centre line when cornering even when it is outside the "racing line", just to keep the pricks coming the other way honest!

So a motorcyclist loosing his way a little bit at speed, overstreaches the centerline with his head and you're happy to have it splattered over your "Chelsea tractor"?

This will backfire on you my friend..... I have been observing this behaviour for a while and have come to the conclusion that my car is worth only about £500... presumably yours isnt. I dont give a shit if I clip your wing mirror or scrape the side of you. I'm not moving.

Its the same as walking through town....... the amount of ignorant sods that I move out of the way for whilst window shopping, you will come off worse if I just let you bump into me.

Edited by dave1978