in my case man its not about getting any where faster its the fun of the throttle getting fully opened. Thats why its made for

Given that the engine volume of the Honda would contribute to just over 2 cylinders in my V8 beast I have reached a conclusion when driving it that full throttle is for those places where the road ahead is clear and the sun is shining. Equally I have established that the motor needs to be turned off when fuelling - as it gains on the pump.

No problem with opening up but I frankly see little point in doing so when it means I have to slam on the anchors 5 or 10 seconds later.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair, if drivers were to be considerate and leave enough space between cars when crawling around the island there would be no need for anyone to have to do multiple overtakes. In fact nobody wou

Have to say the amount of times you get flashed and horns blown while you pass 3-5 cars on the moutain is utter madness. yes you may like to do 30mph and all the others might well be 2 scared to overt

You consistently try to insult me and yet would like me to explain myself to you. Who are you exactly? Its becoming tiresome. You've assumed my post about "let my eyes wonder" means I take my eyes off

Lol have just read the last 2 pages, its turned into a testosterone fuelled 'who is more macho war', still its better on here than on the roads.......right?..

Tugger if you truly stick to the centre line (at times you'll go over through a single second lapse of concentration probably without realising) one day a biker will be coming the other way slightly offline with nowhere to go and you'll be the one who feels guilty for killing a man/woman, just because you wanted to exercise your right to hog the centre line, just not worth the risk IMO.

I'm a motorcyclist, allbeit on vintage machinery,and I am very risk averse in my riding , which is probably as well given the attitude of Tugger and others with vehicles that they can't keep on 'their' side of the road. I doubt that Tugger would feel guilty in causing the death of a motorcyclist or anyone else but would be delighted if he were to correct me.

It's touching to read of Deanos affection for his wife but I wonder she may feel he's given "a little bit too much information"biggrin.png

- people coming round a corner with their offside wheels on the wrong side of the road.

- people not having the ability to correct the above when they realise someone is coming the other way.

This. When I am in the Chelsea Tractor without the kids, I drive to the centre line when cornering even when it is outside the "racing line", just to keep the pricks coming the other way honest!

Either this is a troll, or you're an idiot who should keep off the roads.

Ummmm v8!!! Cant beat the sound of that on full throttle dont think i would be able to hold back!!! :P

Hahahaha coller and cuffs is just a figure of speech :P she has been keeping up to date with what i have said shes ok with it. She cant believe some of the things she is reading on here as i would imagen many more of you cant!!! Hoping people have accedents and die.,to putting other ppls lives in danger and proud of it!!!

Ummmm v8!!! Cant beat the sound of that on full throttle dont think i would be able to hold back!!! tongue.png

You just might when you hear 7.2 litres making a slurping petrol quaffing sound! But you are spot on about the sound.

I've seen Deano's driving and have to say that it's far from dangerous. In fact, I always thought he was a bit slow especially on the stretch before Fishers Hill. wink.png

It shouldn't take an old fashioned fictional detective to work it out Deano! whistling.gif

Glad its not just me who hates being stuck in a crawl of cars/vans doing 40mph, It happens almost daily, I'll make good progress and then get stuck behind one car, which then i'll have a car catch me up, which then turns into three........and so on! Going from Ramsey to Port Erin at 40mph takes forever + I start to get fed up and let my eyes wonder after 2-3 miles of mind numbing 40mph drone!

you will really enjoy the M61/62 and the M60 most mornings and evenings then

The pic is pretty blurred but I think Deano has a goatee, which would explain a lot.