Tt Course Preparation

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never cease to be amazed by the ability of this Island's residents to find a negative or conspiracy in every little piece of news. Maybe after 35 years Kissack Brothers simply decided they'd had eno

Martin From Marlow construction is a great supporter of motorcycle racing and doubt he would have tendered if he didn't think he could provide the safety barrier setup 100%

Could people please stop posting facts. It upsets those MF members who see a conspiricy, backhander, masonic plot, or whatever behind every government decision

If its a contract over a couple of hundred thousand and your trying to tell me no other company would have been interested in ?

One word Bollocks.

Unfortunatly it is not! The amount paid previously was eyewatering. There were though 2 tenders and if it had been known what the ball park figure was then maybe more might have tendered

If its a contract over a couple of hundred thousand and your trying to tell me no other company would have been interested in ?

One word Bollocks.

Well Bollocks did not get the job, are you part of that company ?

Edited by DRIVER

I would say the reason not many company's tendered the job was that they were put off by actually pricing up the job. Most building company's price work with reference to industry books that state the average time it will take a man to do a certain type of job. For example the book may say that it will take a joiner 1.5 hours to fit an internal door into a prepared opening.

For something like attaching straw bales to a stone wall with string there will be no "going rate" and therefore the tendered price will of been very much along the lines of 20 men for 3 weeks plus 3 wagons etc, not the way big company's usually price contracts because when you are talking of hundreds of thousands of pounds just a bit of a misplaced guess at the output of the men could leave them looking at huge losses.