Cyclists........

IMO the buses here should be adapted to take bikes. And yes - work places should be encouraged to have showers and lockers where people can keep a change of kit. Most places I ever worked had showers and often sports facilities right back into the 80s. Suppose you need to freshen up before a late meeting - or people want to go for a run at lunchtime ?

E.g. here in Switzerland

3991111508_927bdf3ae0.jpg

Postbus mit Fahrrädern by nozoomii, on Flickr

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Incredible - you can't argue with the logic of what I posted so you instead attack my personality.   You have spent 20 odd pages on this thread saying that cyclists don't ride three abreast when som

If you search "ride 3 or 4 abreast", "don't stop at red lights", "giving everyone the uppers", "spandex", "don't pay road tax" and "riding on the pavement" you should find the cyclist threads.

I see you are a subscriber, so presumably the board knows your identity from your payment. If you continue to threaten me I'll seek to find your identity and report you. Is that clear?

Posted Images

IMO the buses here should be adapted to take bikes. And yes - work places should be encouraged to have showers and lockers where people can keep a change of kit. Most places I ever worked had showers and often sports facilities right back into the 80s. Suppose you need to freshen up before a late meeting - or people want to go for a run at lunchtime ?

E.g. here in Switzerland

3991111508_927bdf3ae0.jpg

What a pity the cyclists could only cling on to their bikes on the back for the first 10 miles!

Yes, let's spend some more taxpayers' money pandering slavishly to the interests of a tiny minority. We can add the remodelling of the TT course for 10 or so million to the millions we need to spend to keep pier-walkers happy and the hundreds of thousands of public money fighting PROWL's battles for them.

God forbid that the people who actually demand these faciliities - shock! horror! - actually PAY for them

Yes, let's spend some more taxpayers' money pandering slavishly to the interests of a tiny minority. We can add the remodelling of the TT course for 10 or so million to the millions we need to spend to keep pier-walkers happy and the hundreds of thousands of public money fighting PROWL's battles for them.

God forbid that the people who actually demand these faciliities - shock! horror! - actually PAY for them

Dear Ugly Bugger Tugger,

The racks for the busses cost a few hundred quid tops. I don't need them myself but think they should be part of the island's offering to tourists and locals alike.

XXX

I was on about remodelling the TT course actually.

Then I applaud your motion; sadly like so many others it will sail out to sea and be lost in the waves of history.

You're in favour of cyclists then - good to know. Maybe Slim can put you down for target practice a few lessons?

The racks for the busses cost a few hundred quid tops. I don't need them myself but think they should be part of the island's offering to tourists and locals alike.

catch with new buses - esp on Peel route which serves hospital is that they have less room (+ more inconvenient) for wheelchairs + pushchairs.

Amusing - last Weds a bunch of Clothworker School pupils (6-7yrs ?) were on a trip to Douglas - using public service bus - they had arranged to come back by 2 buses to split load + gave notice of numbers etc to Bus HQ - come return the 14:15 bus turns out a single decker which is normally fairly full anyway - kids forced to wait for next bus.

I ride a bike myself from time to time. I just don't think the entire road using world should revolve around me when I do

I'd settle for tin box drivers obeying the rules of the road and staying the f*&k away from me.

(I ride on my own - so single file, I average 20mph on my 16 mile journey so I'm not going slow, I have 4 taxed vehicles so I'm paying towards the upkeep of the roads and I have 3rd party cycling insurance..)

Yeah but the handle bars on your scramblers are about as wide as two roadies smile.png

Naah - the daily commute is on my cube road bike and the bars are narrower than my shoulders. The mountain bike bars are a sensible width though. Rode that to work for a bit after moving to Port Erin but had to replace the tyres after 3 weeks so got a road bike!!

• 2 months later...

If anyone can recognise these three please give them a heads up that they aren't doing the rest of the cyclists on the isle of man any favours at all.

They had been riding three wide for quite a while before this was taken - I wasn't quick enough with the phone.

post-106-0-37596500-1345218817_thumb.jpg

If anyone can recognise these three please give them a heads up that they aren't doing the rest of the cyclists on the isle of man any favours at all.

They had been riding three wide for quite a while before this was taken - I wasn't quick enough with the phone.

plus, you had to pull over and safely take a snap! well i suppose taking a picture isn't actually using your mobile phone in the illegal sense. cyclists are getting as bad as motorists!

plus, you had to pull over and safely take a snap! well i suppose taking a picture isn't actually using your mobile phone in the illegal sense. cyclists are getting as bad as motorists!

That was some assumption there! I was in the back seat.

You were mistaken, as cyclists never ride three abreast. It was just a trick of the perspective, or some such