Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
censorship

'disgusting' Tt Behaviour

Surely anyone who served alcohol to a party of drunks on the premises should have expected the possibility of "disgusting" behaviour.

I think they were on a coach trip around the TT course so they didn't nessecarily get tanked up at the Sulby Glen.

So if they arrived "tanked", shouldn't they have been turned away....

• Like 1

You cannot compare this with Juan Ws. escapade none of these idiots had given a public lecture on the perils of drinking too much alcohol a few hours beforehand and I doubt if any held public office, we do not know if any chucked on the coach, but if they were sold alcohol at the Sulby Glen then part of the blame must be attributed to the people who served these people who were obviously the wrong side of sensible on arrival. As for serving dinner without parsnips I doubt that would ruin anybodys lunch.

You cannot compare this with Juan Ws. escapade none of these idiots had given a public lecture on the perils of drinking too much alcohol a few hours beforehand and I doubt if any held public office, we do not know if any chucked on the coach, but if they were sold alcohol at the Sulby Glen then part of the blame must be attributed to the people who served these people who were obviously the wrong side of sensible on arrival. As for serving dinner without parsnips I doubt that would ruin anybodys lunch.

I would suggest that if this lot arrived at the Sulby Glen tanked up and the staff served any of them then all the blame can be placed firmly at their door.

• Like 2

Don't be daft. A bar worker who maybe only does a couple of nights a week, who may be young, unsure of their position etc., is hardly likely to refuse to serve well-known T.T. stars, particularly when the pub's owners are not on the premises to consult. I don't know the details of this case, nor am I particularly interested but I can't imagine many landlords, never mind their staff, refusing to serve our best known and welcomed T.T. riders, who bring a lot of interest and income to the Island, and who risk their lives on our roads. It also seems stupid to deflect the responsibility for drunken behaviour onto the shoulders of the staff of the Sulby Glen. I'm fully aware of the law here but let's get back to the real world. Isn't it their job to serve alcohol, and who's going to tell someone like John McGuinness, a multiple T.T. winner and living legend over here, that he can't have a drink in their pub ? Do you think that that person would have kept their job ? Not in the real world they wouldn't. As usual some of us are bending over backwards to avoid being reasonable and rational just because it's the T.T. involved. Sometimes you know it feels like the Catholic Church on motorcycles....

• Like 1

Sometimes you know it feels like the Catholic Church on motorcycles....

Indeed. Although this sorry episode isn't really a racing issue, it can surely only be down to the perpetrators' connection to the TT that has resulted in no further action being taken. It's a similar attitude to that held by those involved with the roadracingsupporters charity stuff. That raising money for the God of motorcycle racing, even small amounts, justifies you posting up videos of lunatic behaviour on the internet with total disregard for any consequences. And expecting us all to be overwhelmed with gushing gratitude.

Apart from the TT connection through a few of them being competitors, this sort of incident happens all over the place every weekend and prosecutions do not always result, particularly if the police have not been called to break something up. Nobody has said who caused the trouble, there were others in the group who were not TT riders.

Well known TT competitors have been prosecuted several times in the past for a variety of reasons and they are not above the law. If anyone thought that the police should have been called they were at liberty to do so!

Pierre, I think everyone on this forum knows of your disdain for road racing. Do you not think a better way of getting your point across would be to start a thread explaining your resons for this instead of excitedly posting details of any accidents along with feigned sympathy or pretending to be outraged by a bit of drunken jeal.

Perhaps you think your reasons for disliking the sport don't make a compelling argument on their own?

I can't see why I would want to do that, or even what the relevance of so doing is. It seems to me that this is nothing to do with road racing beyond the involved personalities' connection with it. This is more to do with drunken louts carrying out illegal behaviour, which they no doubt regret. I'm not outraged by it, there's no shortage of yobs in the world of motorcycling, and if anything I'm more outraged by the stupid sentences handed out in the two cases I cited. Although outraged is too strong a word. And no doubt this unfortunate pair equally regret their actions. Loving the hypocrisy. Although maybe it's a bit soon for that......... ; ))

Where did you get the 'No shortage of yobs in the motorcycling' from?. Check the TT Police figures, I think you will find that the vast majority of the troubles come from 'locals'. To call the behaviour of the 'posh louts' on Top Gear as yobs would be kind and understated. They do however represent rich nobs, with apparently no feelings for the danger they encourage their followers into by their primary school behaviour. Sorry kids you wouldn't sink that low. Where is Clarkson? not that anyone would miss him

Don't be daft. A bar worker who maybe only does a couple of nights a week, who may be young, unsure of their position etc., is hardly likely to refuse to serve well-known T.T. stars, particularly when the pub's owners are not on the premises to consult. I don't know the details of this case, nor am I particularly interested but I can't imagine many landlords, never mind their staff, refusing to serve our best known and welcomed T.T. riders, who bring a lot of interest and income to the Island, and who risk their lives on our roads. It also seems stupid to deflect the responsibility for drunken behaviour onto the shoulders of the staff of the Sulby Glen. I'm fully aware of the law here but let's get back to the real world. Isn't it their job to serve alcohol, and who's going to tell someone like John McGuinness, a multiple T.T. winner and living legend over here, that he can't have a drink in their pub ? Do you think that that person would have kept their job ? Not in the real world they wouldn't. As usual some of us are bending over backwards to avoid being reasonable and rational just because it's the T.T. involved. Sometimes you know it feels like the Catholic Church on motorcycles....

That is exactly the point SMUJ. The pub served them and whine and moan when it gets out of hand. They (and their staff) allowed it to happen so they should shut the f**k up and move on

Pub = Drink = Drunk = Rowdy = Lock up your parsnips.

Yeah, but they were locked up. You must have missed the breaking and entering bit.

Yeah, but they were locked up. You must have missed the breaking and entering bit.

Does anyone lock anything up in Sulby?

Not even pissed bikers apparentlytongue.png

Although this sorry episode isn't really a racing issue, it can surely only be down to the perpetrators' connection to the TT that has resulted in no further action being taken.

More likely it's down to it not being reported to the Police. They'd be obliged to follow up any formal complaint that was made, if evidence was presented and statements were made. Any mention of the TT seems to send you a bit off the rails, it's getting a bit worrying TBH.

Well, from the link in the original post:

"They then broke into our burger van where we had stored vegetables to keep them cool and stole all the parsnip we had for Mothering Sunday Lunch today".

I may be wrong, but this suggests a forced entry to me.

More likely it's down to it not being reported to the Police. They'd be obliged to follow up any formal complaint that was made, if evidence was presented and statements were made. Any mention of the TT seems to send you a bit off the rails, it's getting a bit worrying TBH.

That's my point though. I'm not suggesting the police have failed in any duty. Rather that if it had been anyone else who had carried out such acts, the landlady would have been straight on to the police. And I'm not going off the rails, the bikers could torch the pub with themselves in it, I really couldn't give a fuck. It wasn't me who went on a load of forums with a pathetic bleat about some TT riders. I've already said that this has sod all to do with road racing. But seeing as you're so worried and that, you know, go and whine at the Sulby Glen landlady - if anyone has gone off the rails it's her..... ; ))