Stephen Hendry, Jimmy White, John Virgo And Michaela Tabb

• 3 weeks later...

This event will be taking place at The Mount Murray Hotel on Saturday 28th July. Stephen Hendry, 7 times World Champion, will take on Jimmy White, the People's Champion, in a seven frame exhibition match. Followed by three frames involving members of the public. John Virgo will host the event and this years World Championship Final Ref, Michaela Tabb, will officiate.

Tickets are priced at £ 600 per table of ten. This includes a full three course dinner and all the evenings entertainment. I only have 12 tables left as we are keeping numbers down to ensure everyone has an unobstructed view of the table. I also have 1 VIP table left at £ 1000 for ten people (this includes a pre-match Champagne reception with the Players). I will happily allow people wanting to purchase 2/4/6 seats etc etc.

Mount Murray are also offering discounted rooms at £ 60 per double / twin including breakfast. There will also be a Pool table on site for residents only to have a late drink and play against White / Hendry.

Dress code is Lounge Suits.

For any further info call Neal on 201717 or e-mail me: neal@puremetalcards.com.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning, chaps. I can 100% confirm that Stephen Hendry will still be taking part in the exhibition night. I have known for some time that his retirement was imminent but was forced to say nothing ;>) ... Once he enjoys a well earned week or two off then him and Jimmy will be doing some press for me. In the meantime I will ask Jimmy to put something up on his Twitter feed @jimmywhite147 ... I would also like to add that I have previously put on Jimmy White v Alex Higgins and Paul Hunter v Stephen Lee, both at the Palace Hotel. Both sold out and were fantastic evenings.

neal@puremetalcards.com or 201717 for any more info ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have decoded to postpone this event to a new date in August (to be announced in the next 48 hours and confirmed on Jimmy White's and Michaela Tabb's Twitter feeds and the local press / forums).

The reasoning behind this is that Stephen Hendry only has two hours to make his connection from Heathrow (where he is flying in from China) to Gatwick. This would usually be a reasonable time. However, Saturday is the second day of the Olympics and Addison Lee (Hendry's limo company) are expecting airport and road chaos.

The Mount Murray will be swapping any rooms booked to the alternative night free of charge.

We will also, of course, be happy to refund anyone unable to attend, or unhappy with the change.

I can be contacted on 201717 to discuss any queries you have.

I hope all ticket holders appreciate that a slight delay to the evening is way more preferable than one of the main names being unable to attend.

Regards.

Isle Of Man LIVE