Uncontrolled Dogs

If it had just attacked his sheep, surely it'd have blood all over it's face - that's all the evidence I'd need

it wasn't a question of whether it was the dog or not, it was whether the dog was still posing a threat when it was bludgeoned to death? possibly not, but you can understand the farmers desire to make sure it wouldn't come back again. the owner of the dogs pleaded guilty according to the papers and will be slapped on the wrist ( sentenced ) later this month.

Any dog that's just gone on a killing binge is still wound up, the farmer did the right thing, maybe he felt threatened too
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot the owners. The dogs are doing what they have been bred for. The owners should control them.   If anyone lnows the owner/s of these dogs, please come forward. One prosecution and a hefty fi

I know a couple of guys who fit that description. They drink in The Union on a Saturday night.   I recall they are connected to Castletown football club..

People inflict pain on each other quite frequently, but it rarely gets mentioned on here. A dog bites a few sheep, which we're going to electrocute and cut the throats off as soon as they hit 3 months

Heard story tonight that the farmer in Bride came across the dog that had been killing his sheep. Only thing to hand was a crowbar which was subsequently used on dog . Farmer may now be done for animal cruelty.

The report of a court case against the owner of two rottweilers which were unlicenced and had killed 22 lambs and sheep was reported in the local press and the incident took place in Kirk Andreas not Bride

If it had just attacked his sheep, surely it'd have blood all over it's face - that's all the evidence I'd need

it wasn't a question of whether it was the dog or not, it was whether the dog was still posing a threat when it was bludgeoned to death? possibly not, but you can understand the farmers desire to make sure it wouldn't come back again. the owner of the dogs pleaded guilty according to the papers and will be slapped on the wrist ( sentenced ) later this month.

Any dog that's just gone on a killing binge is still wound up, the farmer did the right thing, maybe he felt threatened too

maybe, i'm not saying the farmer did anything i wouldn't have done, just pointing out that the dog is supposed to be worrying the sheep and not just finished worrying the sheep to justify killing it. it is one of those things where you had to be there to make the call and i would suspect it was a close call.

ps. if any deemsters are reading this i'm not trying to spoil any fucking trials!!

The last time I looked dogs weren't on the "Protected Species" list so it's perfectly legal to kill them. Of course, all the tree-huggers will get up on their hind legs and bitch about it but it happens to be true. However if you're going to kill an animal, any animal that is, the law likes it to be done "humanely" - whatever that means! It's all nice and subjective and fuzzy and on that basis a crowbar across the nut seems reasonable to me.