What The... Manx Radio Tt365

bishbashbosh

It's a shame you have to resort to personal jibes because I agree with many of your opinions and it would have been interesting to discuss them. But your lack of balanced reason just makes me think you're a complete cock - imo. smile.png

You're right - no need for personal jibes, they were a reflection of my frustration, but that frustration is not with you, it is with our government and its agencies. I apologise unreservedly.

That said, you are right in your assessment, I am a cock - sometimes the way I say things is wrong, but that doesn't always mean what I am saying is wrong.

• Like 1

@Slackbladder, sorry do you really do PR?

Not sure how getting involved in this petty thread with such an aggressive attitude and keeping what was a one man argument going could be clever PR.

Perhaps becuase engaging in conversation with people is good PR? If government was more open and willing to talk to us, and I mean talk to us not hold poxy roadshows, maybe there would be fewer people with aggressive attitudes towards what they are doing.

@Slackbladder, sorry do you really do PR?

Not sure how getting involved in this petty thread with such an aggressive attitude and keeping what was a one man argument going could be clever PR.

No, I don't.

Aggressive? :)

'Petty thread' - I didn't think so, but you are of course entitled to your opinion, just as I am.

Just to pick up a little on the PR thread.

j2bad - If your idea of clever/good PR is a picture of an organisation handing over yet another charity cheque, then I'll happily argue the toss with you. My idea is slightly different.

censorship - nice reply. Hatchet buried, until next time. Good luck on your quest! :)

BUT...you might be recognised, is that the problem?

I have said, many times, I do not and never have worked at Manx Radio, although why that should prevent me having an opinionis beyond me.

What about you - can you honestly say you do not and nver have worked at Manx Radio?

I thought I would repeat this inquiry as Sentience appears to have missed it.

• 4 weeks later...

In the absence of any official figures, here are the results from a free online traffic monitoring service. Anyone know if these numbers are good or bad?

"manxradiott365.com rank has been stable with no relevant variation over the last 3 months. manxradiott365.com was launched at March 16, 2012 and is 3 months. It reaches roughly 15,750 users and delivers about 34,650 pageviews each month. Its estimated monthly revenue is $97.20. We estimate the value of manxradiott365.com to be around $2,311.37."

I think you are clutching at straws there a bit cens. Some automated ditcom evaluater based on number of views is pretty meaningless.

Totally agree, but I'd like to know how the venture I'm funding is doing and the people running it don't appear to want to share the good news

I think you are clutching at straws there a bit cens. Some automated ditcom evaluater based on number of views is pretty meaningless.

Not really, if you use Google Doubleclick adplanner that gives pretty good estimates, and no one knows more about web usage than Google.

Always worth remembering that unique visitors are based on cookies and so one person can easily clock up multiple 'unique' visits in a day either by using a different browser or device, so the absolute numbers are always questionable.

Therefore to give a comparison the following are estimates for the 'big' local sites so you can see the relative performance of ManxRadioTT365.com

Manx.net - were getting about 20,000 visitors a day until April, since when it has risen to about 37,000 a day.

Isleofman.com - were getting about 5000 visitors a day until April when it nose dived and lost over half its traffic so now bobs around the 2500 visitors a day.

iomtoday.co.im - Around 8000 visitors a day.

ManxRadio.com - get a steady 5000 visitors a day with a spike to 18,000 during TT.

ManxRadioTT365.com - seem to average about 10,000 visitors a day, although as it has only been running 8 weeks those estimated figures can't be that reliable.

Perhaps the most useful comparison is iomtt.com which gets 40,000 visitors a day during tt week, but only about 5000 year round.

Edited by orbit

ManxRadioTT365.com - seem to average about 10,000 visitors a day, although as it has only been running 8 weeks those estimated figures can't be that reliable.

Perhaps the most useful comparison is iomtt.com which gets 40,000 visitors a day during tt week, but only about 5000 year round.

I'm surprised the visitors to iomtt are so low, compared with the average for MRTT. MR appears to get double per day according to those figures, which would suggest they have done pretty well and should be shouting about it.

The extra 13,000 visitors that mr pick up for tt should all have been transferred to tt365 without any effort. Sustaining the audience throughout the year is the issue and iomtt figures would suggest only 12% of the tt audience retain that interest year round.

Just had a look in Google Ad planner again whilst doing some other research, and the stats for Maxradiott365.com are now much clearer.

It would appear that TT365 is doing rather well for a local site, it started at around 10,000 visitors a day, peaked at 25,000 over TT week and then fell of to 10,000 and has crept up to 20,000 since.

When compared to other local sites that is very good, but as its aspirations are greater then just the Isle of Man perhaps it is better to contrast it against Motorcycle News website that averages 40,000 visitors a day year round, in which case for a new brand it is still not doing that bad.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was at a mate's the other day who happened to have one of the old race reruns on the wireless. I can't see the appeal myself, in little more than a constant recital of speeds and time related numbers, the results of which are immediately available in much more in-depth formats online. But credit where it's due - there did seem to be a lot of advertising going on during the race, as there is when it is live apparently. Some of it I suspect was from the original recordings such as for a product which Joey Dunlop uses, so clearly recorded before his death. I can't believe that the ads are there purely because no could be arsed editing them out. So hats off to Manx Radio for bringing in what must be a considerable sum of new revenue even if some of the adverts are hardly of the moment.