What The... Manx Radio Tt365

bishbashbosh

Yes, a very novel new sales policy here. "Oh hello, Manx Radio Sales here. We are rerunning your ad from 1977 tonight on TT/365 so that'll be 500 quid please". Don't think it's a case of can't be arsed editing them out, they're just a part of the ambiance of the recordings. The music can be a good listen sometimes if something grotesque is on FM in the late evening. I would like to know how it's doing and wish it well but I guess we won't find out how it's doing unless it suddenly disappears. Then we'll know!

Yes, a very novel new sales policy here. "Oh hello, Manx Radio Sales here. We are rerunning your ad from 1977 tonight on TT/365 so that'll be 500 quid please". Don't think it's a case of can't be arsed editing them out, they're just a part of the ambiance of the recordings.

The inference is that Manx Radio are not charging for these old adverts. I can't believe that for the sake of a bit of ambience. Kawasaki, for example, were promotionally mentioned while I was listening loads of times. If they're are not paying for this, why the fuck should any other bike manufacturer pay for any advertising? It doesn't make sense.

Yes, a very novel new sales policy here. "Oh hello, Manx Radio Sales here. We are rerunning your ad from 1977 tonight on TT/365 so that'll be 500 quid please". Don't think it's a case of can't be arsed editing them out, they're just a part of the ambiance of the recordings.

The inference is that Manx Radio are not charging for these old adverts. I can't believe that for the sake of a bit of ambience. Kawasaki, for example, were promotionally mentioned while I was listening loads of times. If they're are not paying for this, why the fuck should any other bike manufacturer pay for any advertising? It doesn't make sense.

No one is paying for their old adverts to go out. It would be too time consuming to remove the old ads, and therefore add yet another cost to this new venture, which cannot currently be afforded.

The ads have been left in and sold to the listeners as 'part of the charm', and the hope is other advertisers won't notice their rivals are getting free plugs they would have to pay for.

I hesitate to ask, given the previous reactions, but this venture has been running for some months now, covering the TT, Southern 100 and Manx GP, as well as the Ulster GP, and the road racing season is all but over now - so is it now possible for some figures to be released by Manx Radio?

Manx Radio doesn't have Logic or ProTools, and NO audio editing ever takes 'no time'.

Anyone with any experience of audio editing, and with an operation as simple as cutting out chunks of audio all editors are pretty much the same, could do this job in no time. It's about as easy an editing job as there is. But I'm sure you're not going to claim that the ads are left in for free because it would be simply too much work to remove them. You surely wouldn't be that stupid.

Manx Radio doesn't have Logic or ProTools, and NO audio editing ever takes 'no time'.

Anyone with any experience of audio editing, and with an operation as simple as cutting out chunks of audio all editors are pretty much the same, could do this job in no time. It's about as easy an editing job as there is. But I'm sure you're not going to claim that the ads are left in for free because it would be simply too much work to remove them. You surely wouldn't be that stupid.

Trouble is, this had to be done on a shoestring, without impacting on existing services, so there is no editor who can afford the time for tarting up the vanity project, and there's no budget to get someone. Of course, it will have been such a mega financial success they'll be recruiting new staff for the 2013 road racing season.

Trouble is, this had to be done on a shoestring, without impacting on existing services, so there is no editor who can afford the time for tarting up the vanity project, and there's no budget to get someone. Of course, it will have been such a mega financial success they'll be recruiting new staff for the 2013 road racing season.

Just back.

In answer to your question about my association with Manx Radio in the past...yes I had.

Now....to your on-going 'concerns' (sic).

I think the producer resposible for this output sincerely believed that leaving all those old commercials IN would simply enhance the listening experience...and.....that's it!!

No doubt you'll find some 'Hidden Agenda's' in that.....you seem to love conspiracy theories.

There really are much more important things in life to worry about, but...enjoy yours.

In answer to your question about my association with Manx Radio in the past...yes I had.....

................................................................................................................................................

................................................................................................................................................

......I think the producer resposible for this output sincerely believed that leaving all those old commercials IN would simply enhance the listening experience...and.....that's it!!

Sorry, are you confirming that those commercials are being run on the new station for free?

In answer to your question about my association with Manx Radio in the past...yes I had.....

......I think the producer resposible for this output sincerely believed that leaving all those old commercials IN would simply enhance the listening experience...and.....that's it!!

Sorry, are you confirming that those commercials are being run on the new station for free?

I think 'my opinion' was quite easy to understand....was it not?

I think the producer resposible for this output sincerely believed that leaving all those old commercials IN would simply enhance the listening experience...and.....that's it!!

You may think the producer resposible (sic) made that judgement, but as there isn't a producer (in any professional sense) working on the station outside of race coverage time, you are wrong.