What The... Manx Radio Tt365

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I doubt if closure is a surprise to many of us on MF. Like many projects launched with high hopes, the ordinary 'man in the street', if asked, would have said, "Waste of money", right from the start.

Just had a look in Google Ad planner again whilst doing some other research, and the stats for Maxradiott365.com are now much clearer.   It would appear that TT365 is doing rather well for a local s

If only someone could have seen this coming...maybe the money invested could have been saved. Fortunately, of course, the people behind this gamble don't lose their own money, just ours, and they'll

So how is this doing then? smile.png

Enter Censorship....

Is this some sort of joke, are Manx Radio planning to try and resuscitate the dead mangled corpse of Manx Radio TT 365, or are you just referring the Radio TT coverage?

are Manx Radio planning to try and resuscitate the dead mangled corpse of Manx Radio TT 365, or are you just referring the Radio TT coverage?

I doubt it judging by the haste with which it closed down on Friday. Couldn't get off quick enough!

It closed down ages ago, you must have missed it. Shame really, they played some good old racing commentaries on there, I listened in to a few of them. I guess the business model was just not quite right.

Enter Censorship....

Hi there,

It died on its arse in less than a year, which some warned it would, and more than two years on from its launch we still have zero idea how much was spent and how that expenditure was justified.

Thanks for asking

It died on its arse in less than a year, which some warned it would, and more than two years on from its launch we still have zero idea how much was spent and how that expenditure was justified.

There's no reason why we would though, is there? Do they publish itemised profit/loss accounts? I don't remember seeing any.

There's no reason why we would though, is there? Do they publish itemised profit/loss accounts? I don't remember seeing any.

I don't think that's acceptable, given it is a government-owned business 50% funded (or more) by the taxpayer. Government departments are required to detail capital expenditure, so it can be properly assessed that should happen here. My belief is this was whim of someone with a blank government cheque which didn't have a proper business case and that was only possible because MR doesn't have to operate like a real business. In the real world investment in a capital project like this woudl have to be justified and underpinned with a sound business case. In MR-land they can try out whatever they like because if it goes wrong there's no accountability and the taxpayer picks up the tab.

I don't think that's acceptable, given it is a government-owned business 50% funded (or more) by the taxpayer. Government departments are required to detail capital expenditure, so it can be properly assessed

Could you please write a note to that effect and send it to the Hon William Edward ('Crocodile') Teare's office?

I don't think that's acceptable, given it is a government-owned business 50% funded (or more) by the taxpayer. Government departments are required to detail capital expenditure, so it can be properly assessed

Could you please write a note to that effect and send it to the Hon William Edward ('Crocodile') Teare's office?

I could, but it seems wrong that we have to beg for information on how public money is being wasted sorry used

Edited by censorship
  • 4 years later...