Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
b4mbi

Game Of Thrones

Bought season 1 of the HBO series Game of Thrones recently.

Fantastic !

I was surprised how close to the book the series has been, not a lot cut out and very graphic.

One particular scene that stands out involves Louise from Hollyoaks.... ;)

Yes, it's very good. Watching season 2 at the moment. You'll be pleased to know there's plenty of totty and rumpy pumpy in S2 as well! (Prefer ROME myself).

Edited by Gilly G. Ossenfeffer

Oooo, how to get hold of it? or are you in US?

It's on Sky each Monday over here. Read the book after the first series and the tv version does stick pretty close to the book. The main difference I noticed was the age of the young characters in the book are a lot older in the tv series.

It's interesting to watch just how far they can push what's allowed on TV. So far we've had (spoilers): incest, infanticide and fingering one's sister on horseback. Can it go any lower?

Brilliant stuff though, proper high quality, wonder what they're going to do with it once they catch up with the author?

and fingering one's sister on horseback. Can it go any lower?

Could try a donkey?

• Like 1

I've watching religiously myself and it's awesome - on par with the recent Sperticus series. Although I think that it would be pretty hard going if you hadn't read the books. Obviously so they can fit it all into several one hour slots the transitions between stories/scenes can be a bit vague. I just made my girlfriend read the books after being repeatedly asked "who's that, why are they talking etc".

Spartacus is good, but the production values on Game of Thrones is much higher and the acting much, much better.

Well that latest episode was pretty brutal. More twists and turns than a twisty turny thing

• Like 1

Oh, I hate Game of Thrones, really. Waaaaaah. Glad other people like it though :)