Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Amadeus

Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

Recommended Posts

There'll be no food on the shelves.

Thank the lord we give all that money to landowners.

They'll be able to keep us supplied with food.

Thanks Phil for your wonderful foresight. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are not going to be any food shortages, Why is Phil gathering in all that Knotweed? He must know something!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

It wasn’t his doing 

Hitler didn't kill all those people.

Actually, it was his doing 100%. Read Hansards. He whinged and whined and then weedled all those £millions out of the taxpayer via the fools/his mates in Tywnald.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 10:48 PM, gettafa said:

Hitler didn't kill all those people.

Actually, it was his doing 100%. Read Hansards. He whinged and whined and then weedled all those £millions out of the taxpayer via the fools/his mates in Tywnald.

Let's face it, they were not that hard to fool!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is nobody allowed to comment on the “Future of fast craft” story on the newspapers site? Is it because almost 100% of respondents on the SPC proposals said that fast craft are an essential requirement moving forward but IOMG seems to no longer want to provide them on the basis of cost to run? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPB said:

Why is nobody allowed to comment on the “Future of fast craft” story on the newspapers site? Is it because almost 100% of respondents on the SPC proposals said that fast craft are an essential requirement moving forward but IOMG seems to no longer want to provide them on the basis of cost to run? 

I think fast craft in general have had their day. Not just cost, but operational reliability in waters with conditions like ours are big issues. I don't understand why you think that IOMG allegedly not wanting to perpetuate fast craft would have a bearing on the newspaper allowing comments or otherwise. They seem happy enough to embarrass the government on a plethora of other stories. Why would they hold back on this one?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why is it that when 61% of survey want faster journey to Liverpool does Government say comfort (?) overrides speed ?

and they want longer journeys so passengers get so bored they go spending money in the shops

#excuses  #fleecethepunters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2019 at 11:07 PM, woolley said:

I think fast craft in general have had their day. Not just cost, but operational reliability in waters with conditions like ours are big issues. I don't understand why you think that IOMG allegedly not wanting to perpetuate fast craft would have a bearing on the newspaper allowing comments or otherwise. They seem happy enough to embarrass the government on a plethora of other stories. Why would they hold back on this one?

I think postings on there in the past about the Steam Packet have form and have attracted letters from Sue Grabbit & Run on a regular basis. MF have certainly received them in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

why is it that when 61% of survey want faster journey to Liverpool does Government say comfort (?) overrides speed ?

and they want longer journeys so passengers get so bored they go spending money in the shops

#excuses  #fleecethepunters

Does anyone actually buy things in the shops?

i sometimes get breakfast, but that’s it. That’s down to time of day, not length of crossing.

We all like fast, comfortable, crossings, but the survey didn’t include the essential Q, how much extra over standard fare are you prepared to pay for a 2.5 hour crossing

1. 25%

2. 33%

3. 50%

4. 67%

5. 75%

6. 100%

7. Nothing.?

we all know 7. Would win by a Theresa May style defeat long mile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:

why is it that when 61% of survey want faster journey to Liverpool does Government say comfort (?) overrides speed ?

and they want longer journeys so passengers get so bored they go spending money in the shops

#excuses  #fleecethepunters

Yet the same 61% would scream blue murder if the fares went up to accommodate the extra speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PmJ said:

Yet the same 61% would scream blue murder if the fares went up to accommodate the extra speed

Was that in the survey too or are you just surmising.

I would have a bit of faith in the knowledge that people would perfer to pay for a better service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Holte End said:

Was that in the survey too or are you just surmising.

I would have a bit of faith in the knowledge that people would perfer to pay for a better service.

No, it was a figure that Tempus quoted in his post above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fly and rent a car.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual  in surveys, the questions were designed to get the answers they wanted.

A fast craft would have been a white elephant if it had been scheduled to work in the last few days.

When they can work, they are extremely fuel inefficient and costly, and they can't act as back-up for freight.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×