Steam Packet Warns Of Disruption To Sailings

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He'd have to quit his job to be allowed to stand.

Doesn’t that choice/requirement only arise if elected?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually think that is OK. The bitching and niggling that goes on, on this subject is unreal. How can so many posters, who I'm sure know fuck all about business, never mind shipping, are suddenly

Not sure of the appropriateness of the forum’s legal expert posting screenshots from my FB page. Read the t&c’s recently JW? But yes, it was me. Most impressed with the professionalism of the

Why cant people manage to look after themselves in situations like this? The IOMSPCo did not plan the engine problems it just happened, things like this do when travelling. As for not having any money

Posted Images

Oh I don't actually know. I asked someone who is mid to upper management a while back if they'd stand and they said they'd have to quit to do so.

28 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He'd have to quit his job to be allowed to stand.

which one...:lol:

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Oh I don't actually know. I asked someone who is mid to upper management a while back if they'd stand and they said they'd have to quit to do so.

People like Matty Ward, Bill Henderson or George Waft only resigned once elected. 

22 minutes ago, John Wright said:

People like Matty Ward, Bill Henderson or George Waft only resigned once elected. 

Fair enough, I thought it sounded like a bit of a strange gamble. There are rules apparently in the Civil Service code but I don't know anything about that.

1 minute ago, TheTeapot said:

Fair enough, I thought it sounded like a bit of a strange gamble. There are rules apparently in the Civil Service code but I don't know anything about that.

Maybe those three weren’t Civil Servants. And Matty ( post office ) was a long time ago. Bill and George were nurses, though George was management level.

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’m sure with all your common sense, you could stand in the House of Keys General Election next year - or if you qualify - why not Douglas South?

You could sit in Tynpotwald spout shite, Ride the HRH The Chief Ministers coattails, and come up with endless IOMG press releases, published by the Nations Propoganda Mouthpiece. 

Full House!

I'll stick to doing what I do thanks whilst not constantly aiming bitter swipes at everyone in government.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:50 PM, John Wright said:

Maybe those three weren’t Civil Servants. And Matty ( post office ) was a long time ago. Bill and George were nurses, though George was management level.

Sure Bill was Night Manager for years.

On 6/25/2020 at 5:15 PM, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I'll stick to doing what I do thanks whilst not constantly aiming bitter swipes at everyone in government.

:lol::lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...